(Closed) The Waiting List 12/21/15

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: What is the longest you two have been separated since you started dating?

More than a year

6-11 months

4-6 months

1-3 months

About a month

A matter of weeks

A matter of days

Less than a few days

A matter of hours!

• Post # 32
    90 posts
    Worker bee

Cross 139 off! He proposed this morning in front of his family and mine (via Skype). I am so happy and excited!!!!

Post # 33
    376 posts
    Helper bee

My favorite physical trait of my SO would have to be a tie between his scruff and his arms. My favorite non physical trait is his humor. He always has me laughing πŸ™‚

Post # 35
    45 posts
    Newbee

View original reply
    IveBeenDreaming:  you can take number 115 off the list! i was blown away with a perfect christmas eve proposal, after a romantic video montage with pictures of all our adventures over the years, he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! the ring is perfect too πŸ™‚ 

Post # 41
    8 posts
    Newbee

Hi, I just joined in hopes of finding some support while waiting because I think my nagging is killing my 3+ year relationship and I want to be able to tell somebody how I feel but I’ve been reading the forums for quite awhile. I’m ready to burst after my super Catholic 85 year old grandpa asked me when im getting married at Christmas yesterday.  

Please add me to the list. My boyfriend told me about a year and a half ago that he wants to marry me. My bets are that I will still be waiting at least a year to a year and a half from now. My bf and I are both 27. He is transferring into a bachelor’s degree program that starts in a month. He finished an associate’s degree this spring and has been taking more prereqs at a local comm college after several years off from school unti a year ago. He told me this June when i almost left him and was staying with my mother for about a week that he had a plan to get engaged this past summer, which was about 1 year after we moved in. The plan tanked due to getting laid off from his dream job and it spiraled him downhill fast after his plan fell apart and it hurt him so much he self-destructed a bit. I’ve been working a stable job for 4+ years and both of us want to move to the next step, he just can’t make it happen  financially while in school, and will have 3-4 more semesters to go.  he is such a hard worker, he has worked multiple, sometimes 3 part time jobs at a time for the entirety of our relationship but the living expenses are so high in the Boston area that we are barely making it.  He is trying to build a better future and we both know that we won’t get much help once we do get engaged because our parents themselves are struggling financially. My mom needs a new roof and was unemployed for 2.5 years and still hasn’t recovered. My dad works retail.  His mom isn’t much better off than mine. 

He told me a few weeks ago that if I gave him money, he’d use it towards tuition and would put his savings towards a ring. Robbing Peter to pay Paul were his words. I don’t know what to think, but I would love to get the ball moving on a real commitment that isnt just signing another lease especially because I want to have my grandfather at my wedding!! Should I start thinking of actually giving him the money towards a ring? Please help.

Post # 42
    270 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2016

You can add one to the list πŸ™‚Β 

Post # 44
    270 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2016

View original reply
    IveBeenDreaming:  Thank you! This waiting is so aggravating. I’m happy I found this forum. I felt like a crazy person. 

Post # 45
    222 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2017

#34 is coming off! I can hardly believe it! 

The topic ‘The Waiting List 12/21/15’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors