(Closed) The Waiting List (3/27/17)

posted 2 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
129 posts
Blushing bee

E Ring

After months of waiting I can finally say I’m engaged!! Some of you know I (and some family and close friends) was sure it would happen on or directly after New Years during our trip to Disney World but it didnt. Then I was expecting it to happen on our anniversary and/or Valentine’s Day and nothing. SMH I’d just basically resigned myself to not even thinking about it or expecting it and being disapppointed. And this morning as my daughter and I were rushing out the door he stopped me and told me that he had to give me my birthday gifts before I left for work because he couldn’t wait until this evening.

I opened my card first, then he handed me a Nordstrom GC (which in either excitement or nervousness he forgot to put into the card before he sealed the envelope), and then he said he had one more gift to give me and be presented me with an opened ring box and asked me if I would marry him!! I was in shock and all I could say was “OMG, OMG, OMG” and my daughter was standing there screaming “I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!” LOL I said yes of course and the rest is history!! I can’t stop staring at this ring!! It’s PERFECT!!

Post # 4
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2022 - Grand Rapids, MI

I’d like to be added.

Post # 7
263 posts
Helper bee

He proposed last night! Cross me off the list 🙂

Post # 8
Hostess
7619 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2019

becks90 :  He literally is the kindest most helpful and thoughtful person I know. He loves to help people and do nice things for them. I really admire that about him.

Post # 9
55 posts
Worker bee

I’d like to be added to the list. Thanks!

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2018

becks90 :  Hello i would like to be added to this list

Post # 11
491 posts
Helper bee

My SO has a heart of gold! He goes above and beyond to help everyone that he can! He is such a sweetheart!!!

Post # 12
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

Add me to the list please

Post # 13
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Eldorado Canyon State Park

Ahh, I let myself fall off the list.  I had to leave for a while because I was SIUP-ing hardcore, and dwelling on my “waiting” status here was killing me.  But it looks like I would have made it up to #27 if I’d stayed?!  (I started at #153 back around September 2015, I think.)  Crazy!  

Anyway, this isn’t really my place to gush anymore since I fell off, but I want to anyway.  I got a nice cozy at-home proposal on our eight-year anniversary (this past Sunday 3/26).  We had a big fancy date at this famous dinner theatre in our area the night before, and I guess he had the ring with him the whole time we were there, but I foiled his proposal attempts at every turn (first by suggesting he wear a tighter pair of pants with no substantial pocket space, and then by having us do coat check, which meant the ring stayed with the coat since he had no other place to hide it).  BUT since I’d been really hoping/almost daring to dream it would happen on our big night out, and then it didn’t, I wasn’t expecting it to happen at all on our actual casual anniversary, so when I open a door and he’s there down on one knee, I couldn’t even believe it.  I’ve always expected I would cry tears of joy, but I was so surprised I couldn’t even react (other than to say yes, of course).  Anyway, I’m thrilled, and we’re currently in the process of planning a very private self-solemnizing ceremony (just the two of us) out in Colorado this summer (and then a big honeymoon next spring when we have enough vacation time saved up).  It’s been eight years, but it was well worth the wait, I couldn’t be happier! 😀

(And here’s a pic of the ring, a mint green sapphire in a rose gold setting.  I adore it!)

Post # 14
3361 posts
Sugar bee

So…. I wanna stay on for now… but my relationship has hit a wall… please keep me in your thoughts and prayers ladies ! 

Post # 15
46 posts
Newbee

You can cross #31 off the list! I got my proposal Thursday while my SO and I were taking a little getaway for our dating anniversary. He proposed on a private beach near our hotel while we were admiring the beautiful Maine coast views. It was magical!

The topic ‘The Waiting List (3/27/17)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors