(Closed) The Waiting List 3/29/2016

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: What is your go to nail polish color?
    Red : (16 votes)
    24 %
    Blue : (8 votes)
    12 %
    Green : (0 votes)
    Yellow : (0 votes)
    Orange : (0 votes)
    Purple : (7 votes)
    10 %
    Pink : (20 votes)
    30 %
    Black : (4 votes)
    6 %
    Other : (12 votes)
    18 %
  • Post # 2
    788 posts
    Busy bee

I said my go to polish is pink…but I rarely ever paint my nails. Usually just natural for me. 

Post # 3
    1161 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2017

My go to color is a merlot, kind of a mix between the red and purple. I keep my nails natural because they definitely chip the day after getting a manicure. I did just try a gel manicure for the first time which was awesome! But it’s a little pricey for me so it’s a special treat. 

Have a fun vacation by the way MissZ31!

Post # 4
    166 posts
    Blushing bee

MissZ31:  Thank you for adding me back!

I hope you come back engaged too! Our 9 year anniversary is tomorrow, I’m hoping, but highly doubting it will happen at the same time! Going to paint my nails just in case  Have had natural nails for awhile as they are in bad shape and I’m trying to get them healthy again! The get to a certain point and split. My go to colours are pastels…peachy pinks, greys and blues mostly. 

And congrats to to all the newly engaged bees! 

Post # 5
    298 posts
    Helper bee

Can I be added to the list?  

Btw, my go to nail color is pink, grey, or nude.  I want something classy on my nails when he asks.  I only wear nail polish every now and then, so I’m trying not to over do it while I’m waiting.  I don’t want him to get suspicious.

Post # 6
    662 posts
    Busy bee

My nail Polish colour varies depending on the season. But for the most part, pink is the one I use commonly throughout the year. Around the holidays I did gel manicures every 2-3 weeks just in case, but now I just stick to doing it at home since it’s “off season” lol.

Post # 7
    113 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2017

Congrats to the newly engaged bees!

My go-to nail polish is red. Now that I’m “waiting” I’ve been trying out more sheer pinks and nudes. They’re growing on me!

Post # 8
    232 posts
    Helper bee

I am pink or purple girl.

I started at 175 now 59!  My ring was ordered about 3 weeks ago and should be ready by next week. Although I think I will still be on the list until June. We have a romantic trip to Paris scheduled and I am 95% sure it will happen there.

Post # 9
    28 posts
    Newbee

I am definitely a nude/pinkish polish person (with the odd week or two of dark red/burgundy to mix it up 😉 )Over the past couple of months I’ve started regularly painting my nails. I started getting gel polish done from a salon here in T.O., but it turns into an expensive habit! Especially when you have to go back every two weeks.

A couple weeks ago I thought I’d try out an at-home gel polish kit, and it has paid for itself over and over multiple times. Seriously. And maybe I’m just imagining this but I feel it lasts longer than what I used to get at the salon. So win-win I guess?

Post # 10
    113 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2017

girlinthesix:  what at-home gel polish kit do you use? I’ve been wanting to try one. I love getting gel manis but it is definitely turning into an expensive habit!

Post # 11
    28 posts
    Newbee

dizzydoo:  I use the SensatioNail kit. I go the french manicure one – just for the nude/pink colour – because they only have like 2 options where I bought it (Shoppers), but I know if you buy it online there are a lot more options, and they now also come with their new UV light (I think??) which says it can cure your nails faster and also has a slide out tray so you can remove it if you want to do your toes.

I did some research before buying it, and it seemed, based on reviews and blogs, to be the best overall kit. They have a lot of variety of colours online, PLUS if any other brands sell polish that can be cured with UV light, you can usually go ahead and use their brand of polish too. I bought a Sally Hansen burgundy colour and used it recently – worked just fine!

I did my nails on Friday or Saturday, don’t remember, and I accidently forgot to buff the natural nail before doing all of the coats (dummy). It has actually stood up pretty well – including me cleaning my house without gloves – and has only sustained one minor chip – which doesn’t happen in my experience if you buff the natural nail before.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have anymore questions 🙂

Post # 12
    236 posts
    Helper bee

I said purple because that is what I am wearing today but I change up my go to colour every season and usually do muluple coulours and designs whn i get them done and i always do designs for the holidays.

I tried to do Easter eggs for the weekend but gave up and just did a bunch of pastel stripes itactually tuned out pretty good but was not egg like haha. I didn’t think of engagement nails, come june I will have to start painting more subdued colors.

Post # 13
    38 posts
    Newbee

I do love my gel manicures, although I probably don’t go as often as I should and they look a little shabby in between. My favorite color is somewhere between red and purple, but it depends on the season. I tried to save money and paint them myself but I am apparently nowhere near as talented as some of you guys and my nails looked more like a coloring project of 3 year old (never learned to stay in the lines/my nails I guess haha). 

Congrats to all the recently engaged! 

Post # 14
    2 posts
    Wannabee

Can I be added to the list? 🙂

The topic ‘The Waiting List 3/29/2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors