(Closed) The Waiting List (5/22/17)

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
928 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018 - Tizer Gardens/Carroll College

View original reply
becks90 :  I had an appointment at David’s Bridal two weeks ago? I never get to the town that has it in Montana, so figured I may as well give it a shot while I was there for work. I had an original appointment for June 2 that I booked months ago, thinking we were getting engaged this month, but I guess the ring isn’t done yet. I guess I’m keeping it because all my friends are excited to go, but I sure wish it was wholly official.

Post # 4
526 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

I’ve window shopped online, but definitely haven’t tried anything on yet. We are planning a long engagement so it would be really unwise for me to try on gowns… but I’m so excited for when that day does come!

Post # 5
119 posts
Blushing bee

I have looked online and know where I want to make appointments/which designers and styles I like, but I haven’t tried anything on. But I seriously cannot wait and have nearly popped in to “just look” a few times but I really want to take my mom with me the first time I go. Interested to see if other waiting bees have given in to temptation!

Post # 6
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2021

I have looked online and made a private pinterest board. I am holding off going to any actual stores until there is a ring on my finger. 

Post # 7
Hostess
9030 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

View original reply
becks90 :  Only looked on line but not really a great deal, just a little look. No engagements again this week  – what a shame! Stay strong waiting bees- we got this.

Post # 8
286 posts
Helper bee

It’s actually my job to write about wedding dresses, so I’ve seen more than my fair share at all the bridal shows! I’ve resisted trying any on though, as I’m currently a lot heavier than I’d like  to be and I’m worried that when I finally try on my first gown I’ll hate how I look in it. The diet starts when the ring is on! 😉 

Post # 9
115 posts
Blushing bee

Yup, only online, but pretty sure I’ve found the one on BHLDN– and he knows it lol. We plan on doing an intimate wedding, and he joked about wearing a faux tuxedo shirt, but I told him the dress I picked out is kinda nice, so he’ll need to look nice too. He was like, “you’ve already picked out a dress?” We plan on marrying in May next year, so it’s not jumping the gun too much, right? Haha

Post # 10
1146 posts
Bumble bee

I bookmarked a few “dream” dresses, but it keeps changing so I assume I’ll just keep browsing and creating an albumn until I know it’s the one.

Post # 11
174 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Kentwood, MI

I found a dress online that I fell in love with. I’m not going too a salon too buy it until my diamond is on my finger.

Post # 12
110 posts
Blushing bee

Definitely. I don’t recommend it unless you know you’re close to getting engaged. I fell in love with a dress a few long years ago, and know I won’t be able to track it down by the time it happens 😐

Post # 13
543 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2020

I havent tried any on, but I’ve definitely done some browsing with my sister haha.

Post # 14
491 posts
Helper bee

My mom has a bridal business so that doesn’t help with the not looking until we are engaged LOL

Post # 15
1259 posts
Bumble bee

Is everyone on the list active members?

The topic ‘The Waiting List (5/22/17)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors