(Closed) The Waiting List (5/29/17)

posted 2 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
274 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

My SO and I met at the firehouse where I worked when I was a medic. (He is a firefighter). I was still living with my (abusive) ex who I’d been with for 5 years. SO became one of my best friends and I realized I was falling for him… He showed me respect and love and support like I’d never experienced from anyone. 8 months after we met, I left my ex. We’ve been together ever since and nobody has ever made me so happy! 

Post # 4
1670 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2018 - Our Backyard

We played in the same orchestra together for about 5-6 years. We were both married to other people at the time and didn’t give each other much thought. Our friendship was nothing more than “hey how you doing” at intermission and breaks.  I got a divorce and ended up moving to the city he was in. He was the only person I knew there so we hung out a few times as friends – he was really awesome in showing me around and helped me find a place to live. Little did I know he was also separated. Our friendship came extremely easy and naturally and soon we were in love. That was almost 4 years ago. 

Post # 5
219 posts
Helper bee

May I please be added to the list πŸ™‚  Been waiting for a few months now and I know it’s coming soon..like within the next 10 months soon.  Could be just one or two though!  Fingers crossed for sooner rather than later.

SO and I met on a dating app.  Texted back and forth for maybe two or three weeks, then a first date, and the rest is history.  Been together over a year now and it seems to get better every day.  Can’t wait to be his Mrs.

Post # 6
59 posts
Worker bee

Add me please!! We met about a year and a half ago on tinder! He asked me to go look at rings and let him know exactly what I want back in September. I think it’s coming reallyyyyy soon. I’ve been extremely patient….but starting To get really excited!! 

Post # 7
3361 posts
Sugar bee

This might be my last waiting list presence… But for all the wrong reasons… Please pray for us bees !

Post # 8
279 posts
Helper bee

We met through Match over four years ago! πŸ™‚

Post # 9
Hostess
8536 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

becks90 :  We met on Tinder!

Post # 10
4 posts
Wannabee

@becks90 My SO and I met on Spring Break in Panama City Beach about 6 years ago… and he proposed yesterday in a park at our alma mater.  You can remove me from the list!!!

Post # 11
111 posts
Blushing bee

We met through a mutual work friend, when she came down to help my centre open (new call centre). She said that we’d get along well together and put us in a group chat. Things petered off as we were 6 hours away and he started dating someone there. Then not long after I started dating someone here.

3 years later we both found ourselves single but we didn’t know until he sent me a link to a cheese video. We started talking talking (we had periodic messages throughout the 3 years), and haven’t stopped since.

I’m planning on moving there by the end of the year and I can’t wait. 

Post # 12
140 posts
Blushing bee

I met my SO at a bar my freshman year in college and now I’m two months from graduation πŸ™‚Β 

Post # 14
325 posts
Helper bee

becks90 :  We met at work! He worked in the same building as I did, and he’d stopped in a few times and talked to me. We both attempted to flirt with one another when he came in, but neither of us could tell if it was actual flirting because we’re both so terrible at it. One day he stopped in to tell me it was his last day. I told him he’d better come back to visit, and he said something like, “Oh yeah, I’ll be back to give so-and-so a hard time. But you seem too sweet to do that.” I said, “I don’t know about that,” and he replied, “Well I guess I’ll have to get to know you better to see that smart alec-y side.”

AND THEN HE LEFT. I was like, wtf?! He can’t just leave! He just said he wanted to get to know me!

So being the strong, modern woman I am, I was like, ya know what, no. This is not how this is going to end. I wrote my name and number down on a post-it note, marched to the other side of the building…then realized I had literally zero idea where on that side of the building he worked. I wandered the halls, checked the mail room to see if he had a box, all to no avail…and then I saw him. He happened to be on that floor, turning in his final day paperwork. I called his name, met him in the hallway, and said, “Hey…I wanted to give you this.” Then he told me he’d been planning on coming back by for it at the end of the day. He texted me that evening as soon as he left work, and we’ve been together ever since!

…and he still keeps that post-it with my number in his truck to this very day. πŸ˜Š

Post # 15
3361 posts
Sugar bee

sweetaslemons :  Well it would take me very very long to type a real answer πŸ˜› haha We need lots of prayer !

The topic ‘The Waiting List (5/29/17)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors