(Closed) The Waiting List (5/29/17)

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
Post # 16
526 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2020

We met in our first year of highschool and became besties pretty much immediately. He asked me out about a year or so later and we’ve been together ever since!

Post # 17
57 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
maudemaisha :  oh no! I’m hoping it all works out for you <3

Post # 18
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2019

Please add me!

Post # 19
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2019

We met on Match 7 years ago ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
becks90 :  

Post # 20
148 posts
Blushing bee

We met at an away game of our home town ice hockey team. I was a mega fan and he had just crashed his friends’ trip. ๐Ÿ˜‚ We met in the bar before the game, we had sat down at the last two seats and got chatting. But much later we discovered he had photobombed a picture of me the night before we met ๐Ÿ˜‚

Post # 21
1145 posts
Bumble bee

Long story short, we were supposed to officially meet through a mutual friend, but he wasn’t able to make it. We talked for the longest time though. So when I went on vacation, he followed me there to meet me. The rest is history.

maudemaisha :  Keeping you in my thoughts. Hope all turns out well for you.

View original reply
becks90 :  Oh god, this is a tough question. I personally quite like the “how would you plan xyz aspect of your wedding”  type questions. Not all bees will like it, but I feel a lot of us are jittery/hoping for an engagement and are using the spare energy to mentally plan a wedding already haha. Or other questions about us unrelated to the wait is also nice. Perhaps the waiting bees can find friends within the thread.

Post # 22
823 posts
Busy bee

We met in elementary school, and we’ve been friends for most of our lives.

Post # 23
523 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

View original reply
averria :  I agree about liking “how would you do this for your wedding” type questions! We are planning a long engagement so I am a little ways off from making any concrete wedding plans, so I personally like to window shop and fantasize about it, haha. I also like general relationship related questions! I enjoy talking about my relationship, as odd as that sounds to say. 

We met at a summer program when we were teenagers ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 24
338 posts
Helper bee

I’d love to be added! 

Post # 25
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2019

I met Fiance (recently engaged!) at work ๐Ÿ™‚

The ring was a complete surprise that night though I knew it was coming. I just didn’t think it would be so soon. I thought more late summer/fall. 

The ring is perfect I was there when he picked it up at the store. I walked out of the store wearing it. I asked him when we left the store if this meant we were officially engaged now and he giggled saying he thought we already were. Ahhhh men. There has to be some truth to that whole Mars/Venus thing! So it was the most perfect non-proposal proposal ever. I am head over heels in love   

Post # 26
216 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
littlemogwai :  omg I can’t even I’m dead from the sweetness 

Post # 27
491 posts
Helper bee

Congratulations

Post # 28
3117 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
becks90 :  Keep me on the list please!! We met online. xoxo

Post # 29
28 posts
Newbee

Thanks for adding me to the list! 

My SO and I met about 12 years ago through mutual friends. We were part of the same friend group, were even friends with each other’s exes! We lost touch for a few years but would continue to message or text every once in a while, both of us struggling in other relationships.

My SO owns his own recording studio and works as an audio engineer and producer. I sing and perform. He messaged me about coming in to help him with some vocals about 2 years ago and thought it would be fun to do. We grabbed drinks after we were done recording and while in conversation a light bulb went off in my head and I thought “Whoa! I think I like him!”. We were just having such great conversation and he held my hand as we walked around town. I knew then that this was something different. Shortly thereafter I got this overwhelming feeling and always thought “this is my husband!”. I continue to have that feeling and I’m pretty sure I’m right as we have discussed and shopped for an engagement ring and planned parts of our wedding. So lucky my soulmate blossomed out of a great friendship <3

Post # 30
79 posts
Worker bee

We met at a mutual friend’s birthday party when we were 13, haha.

The topic ‘The Waiting List (5/29/17)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors