(Closed) The Waiting List (6/19/17)

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
Hostess
9038 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

becks90 :  Eeeeeek so exciting for you! Our informal timeline is end of the year, but who knows. It will be our first anniversary on 24th July and we get the keys to our new house on the 15th, but I start a new job on the 24th so maybe he will wait a bit longer and do it near Christmas time. I don’t think he has ordered the ring yet. Who knows! lol

Post # 5
Hostess
9038 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

becks90 :  Awww that’s cute! ha ha

Post # 6
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2020

becks90 :  We don’t have an engagement timeline so much as a wedding timeline, as in we sort of have a tentative date in mind (February 29, 2020). I am in love with Leap Day and it’s a Saturday and I love winter weddings, so to me, it’s a sign! I actually prefer a long engagement (I hate feeling rushed and take forever to make a decision) and he knows this, so my guess is the proposal could be anywhere between this late summer and next summer. I’m not expecting it anytime soon honestly, so waiting hasn’t been too hard. But we do have a ring picked out and I know he’s seen it in person (he fessed up because he loved it so much and wanted to share that with me) but he assures me he hasn’t bought it yet.

I’ve also got a lot going on right now so that helps keep my mind off of it! And I want to lose around 30 pounds before I get married, so I figure that’s a good way to keep distracted as well.

Post # 7
985 posts
Busy bee

I was told within the year! Honestly I’m thinking it’s going to happen more around Christmas or New Years but we’ll see!

Post # 8
30 posts
Newbee

He never gave me one, so i put a deadline on it. We’ve been together for almost 5yrs and have a 2yr old together. I gave him till our 6yr anniversary (Oct 2018) but i have a feeling it won’t happen. 

Post # 9
140 posts
Blushing bee

He wants to wait until after my graduation which is August 5th but Im starting to feel like it wont be very soon after that… Im starting to guess it might be our anniversary or near Christmas. That would be a fun time to get engaged but everytime we talked about it we always planned it would have happened by now but it keeps getting pushed back. Im starting to get bummed about it and losing some of my excitement 🙁

Post # 10
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2020

Still at 21!! hahaha

July 2018 is my “end date” that way I have another year before I start getting anxious lol.

Post # 11
449 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

Mine will definitely be soon, in the next 2-3 months. I’m thinking it’ll be around early August for our anniversary, but there’s a slim chance it could be as soon as late July or as late as early-mid September. I don’t foresee it being much later than that though! So soon!!

Post # 12
449 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

cloverdemeter :  A Leap Day wedding sounds SO cool and romantic, oh my god. 2020 is the year I was hoping to set our date in too, so now I’m considering stealing this idea, and I always was dead set on a warm weather wedding!! 🙂

Post # 13
865 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2020

sakirby :  I am in a similar situation. I graduated in May, but I think I will be waiting for several months, perhaps until around Christmas, but possibly even until 2018.

I guess in the end I don’t have a deadline because I want to get married regardless of how long it takes, but the longer he makes me wait (and he knows I’m waiting) the more the romance of it becomes lost for me. Honestly, I wanted and expected him to be more anxious to get engaged, so it is a bummer that it doesn’t seem to be a priority for him. 

Post # 14
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2020

pawneegoddess :  Right?! I love the idea that the actual day will only come once every four years. We think it would be cool to do a big trip every “actual” anniversary! Also winter wedding=off-season prices. wink Just saying!

But you can bet it’s an anniversary date no one will forget!

Post # 15
129 posts
Blushing bee

Just before New Years we set a timeline together of sometime in 2017. The combination of my job keeping me busy and feeling put at ease by being on the same page in that convo has kept me calm these last 6 months…but I am a teacher, and today was the last day of school, so I can imagine I’ll start to get antsier! 

Just this weekend though, he went to visit his parents and saw some family friends, and came home and told me that he told them that we’re talking seriously about getting married soon. He then said we should go look at rings sometime soon! I am having the hardest time focusing to get through the end of the year…way too excited now! 

The topic ‘The Waiting List (6/19/17)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors