(Closed) The Waiting List (6/19/17)

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 16
86 posts
Worker bee

I think this might be my last or one of my last waiting lists. We had an original timeline of before the end of September which was moved to February following an abrupt career change for my OH. However some other things worked out so he was able to get the ring 3 weeks ago. I asked him not to propose before Friday as I’m sitting exams (CPA equivalent in my country) and didn’t need the distraction lol. But after Friday it’s fair game and I think he is excited to get it done! 😂 so so exciting 

Post # 17
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

View original reply
autumndaydream :  Good luck!

I’m sitting for my pharmacy exams this week and next but will be done (and hopefully have the news that I passed) by our 9th anniversary of our first date AKA the 4th of July. Wouldn’t that be perfect? He’s said sometime this summer but who knows. I’ll be upset if it doesn’t happen because I gave up a big vacation so he could save his money! 

Post # 18
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2020

We have more a wedding timeline. It is projected to be May 1st, 2020 and will be booking in this upcoming January. So I guess I will be non-ring engaged then with the actual ring about a year before the wedding date. So that would be early 2019!

Until then I just remind myself that I have a full two years to wedding talk and to keep things zipped up in the meantime. We have already agreed on the main vendors so there isnt more we can talk about until we actually book in January. Every time I want to talk about it I just remind myself that all I am doing is itching my own scratch. 

Post # 19
27 posts
Newbee

I know theres a ring, (found it in his dresser). And I know he wants his daughter to be there when he does it. She’s with us for the next 6 weeks so hopefully he does it sooner rather than later. Ughh dyingggg

Post # 20
86 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
RobynEileen :  hahaha thank you! And to you! Exams are such a drag when you know there is bling on the other side, right? 😂 4th July sounds like a fab time for it, how could he overlook that opportunity realistically. I will have my fingers and toes crossed for you! 

Post # 21
116 posts
Blushing bee

No deadline exactly, but we plan on marry in May next year, and we need at least 6 months to book stuff (just doing an elopement style intimate wedding with immediate family). So, I’m guessing it happens by October/November. It’s hard not to guess when it’ll happen, so I try to focus on other stuff and trust that whenever it does, it’ll be awesome. We’ve got a romantic beach and wine tasting trip coming up for the 4th of July weekend, but we also have a big hike in Sept at a place with a lot of sentimental value, and Disneyland in Oct (and you can probably tell from my username I love Disney 😉). So I really don’t know when it’ll be at this point. 

Post # 22
324 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
sakirby :  I’m in the same boat! I know how hard and crushing the disappointment can feel! You get so excited, thinking it’s coming by a certain time, and even though a couple months don’t make a huge difference in the big picture, it feels a little bit devastating.

Some of you may a bit of the story with my SO, I think–we had set a timeline in which he was supposed to propose before his graduation, then we moved the timeline by three weeks so it wouldn’t be rushed after some ring delays, then his mother stuck her nose in things…and then my mom got very sick and was in the ICU for a while. Meanwhile I’ve had my Harry Potter-themed counter-proposal set up and waiting for the day he finally pops the question!

Now the proposal is coming by mid-July, I’ve been promised. He’s spent at least 3-4 hours this week with one of his friends/his future best man, planning the proposal. I’m really excited and just want it to finally happen! I’m so tired of waiting and just want the ring on my finger already, but he promises me that what he has planned will be worth the wait. It certainly doesn’t help that I know exactly where the ring is hidden, and it’s SO HARD not to go look at it! I haven’t peeked yet (though I did find ANOTHER ring in his room, which I initially thought was mine after I caught a glimpse of it, but it turned out to be his grandfather’s ring that had recently been given to him), but good Lord is it tempting. I JUST WANT MY SHINY!

Post # 23
1147 posts
Bumble bee

We don’t really have a timeline, just a plan of how things are going to go.

Post # 24
65 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2019

Actually my love already asked me to marry him. He made a ring out of a key ring and slipped it on my finger and asked. But he wants to keep it a secret until he gets an actual ring. So for now we are secret fiancées. He said anywhere from Jan-May of next year.

Post # 25
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2018 - Pantagis Renaissance

My birthday gift finally came. After 9 years, he proposed! I was really surprised because he called me on his way home from work with a sad story about how my gift was lost in the mail. I fell for it. Then he came through the door with champagne and roses. He said that a friend of his, who owns a small deli, sent a scratch off as a bday gift because he felt bad about my gift being “lost”. 

I scratched the ticket, not realizing that he was beginning to play  “our song” at the same time. After I realized that I had matched 3 symbols (all hearts) I KNEW it was coming!  Cross me off of the list please!!!! 

The topic ‘The Waiting List (6/19/17)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors