(Closed) The Waiting List (6/5/2017)

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
30 posts
Newbee

Best book I’ve read recently: ‘Still Life’ by Joy Fielding, a lady gets hit by a car, is in a coma but can hear everything, just can’t communicate. She tries to find out who did it to her by convos going on around her. It was really good. 

Post # 4
140 posts
Blushing bee

I really loved “Girl on the Train”! I read it in one sitting. Im getting a degree in English with a specialization in Literature and my favorite school book I read in the past semester was “The God of Small Things”

Post # 5
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2020

Look at that,  number 21 lol… my guess was that I would be crossed off the list at 22 haha…oops, moving on up 🙂

CONGRATS to all the newly engaged bees!!

Post # 6
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

OMG bees I think it’s happening this weekend and I am so freaking excited I don’t even know what to do!!! 

Post # 7
324 posts
Helper bee

I recently reread a series from my childhood–the His Dark Materials series by Phillip Pullman. I still found it extremely compelling, especially the first book, The Golden Compass. I actually listened to them all as audiobooks, and they were the best audiobooks I’ve listened to in a while.

Now I’m on Big Little Lies, which I’m dying to get to the end of! Not because it’s bad, but because you don’t find out who was murdered until the very end. Once I’m finished, I’ll probably watch the HBO miniseries they made of it.

I’m so tired of waiting, bees. He was supposed to propose last weekend, but for reasons (*cough cough my Future Mother-In-Law cough cough*), he didn’t. I’ve got a whole lot of negative feelings brewing, and I spent most of last weekend very, very down. Here’s hoping everything gets resolved soon.

Post # 8
140 posts
Blushing bee

littlemogwai :  I clicked so fast when I saw that you replied on this! sorry your proposal didnt happen this past weekend!! Im sure when it does come it will have been at the perfect time! Waiting sucks…. I hope it happens soon for you 🙂 so excited to see your ring pics when it does 

Post # 9
324 posts
Helper bee

sakirby :  Aww, this post made me smile, bee! At this point, I’ve told him if he hasn’t gotten things figured out with his mother (who seems to think she gets a say in when he proposes to me) and proposed a week from now, I’m proposing to him. (She may be able to threaten and manipulate him out of proposing to me, but she has no power over me and what I do!) He agreed to this!! Of course, he has no idea that I’ve had a proposal for him planned and waiting to execute for WEEKS now. So if all go as planned, I should be engaged one way or another by next weekend! 😂

Post # 10
1149 posts
Bumble bee

Not necessarily a novel, but I got a hold of The Giving Tree again at a bookstore and just sat down for a read on top of various other poem collections. The Giving Tree one of those childhood book that gets better as you grow older. Oh man it made me emotional and a bit nostalgic.

Post # 11
23 posts
Newbee

Finally engaged! He proposed this weekend that just passed. It was right in front of my house, I didn’t expect it that day, but it was a good surprise! 

Post # 13
492 posts
Helper bee

Congratulations!!

Post # 14
296 posts
Helper bee

It happened! I was thinking maybe this weekend but definitely not last night… he went over to my dad’s with a bottle of scotch and we all went to dinner, then afterward he took the top and doors off his Jeep and told me we were going for a drive…We went down this loooong country road by this lake and the sun was setting and the plan was to look at stars. So he said come over here I want to build a fire- something I don’t know how to do! So I asked him…and I looked over and he was on a knee and said “well…the first step is I ask you to marry me.” 🙂 

The topic ‘The Waiting List (6/5/2017)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors