(Closed) The Waiting LIst (7/10/17)

posted 3 months ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1066 posts
Bumble bee

becks90 :  I absolutely love driving, but SO hates my car (it’s old, small, and hard for him to get in and out of) so we usually take his car and therefore he usually drives. I’m the copilot (unless I have no idea where we are going, then Waze takes over lol) and we listen to music, talk and hold hands 😊

Post # 4
1424 posts
Bumble bee

We once did an “out and back” road trip to pick up our new dog. It was 15 hours out and 15 hours back, non-stop driving. We split up the driving pretty evenly, except that I had him take over driving on the way back a few hours before it was his turn b/c he was tired and grumpy and getting impatient with the whining puppy we had picked up. I had SO go back to driving so that I could lay on the back seat with the puppy and pet and soothe him. Sure enough, he had just been scared and anxious and fell asleep on me pretty quickly. 

Other than that, SO mainly drives – we always take his car since it’s an off-road vehicle, and I find it a little intimidating. Besides, SO really enjoys driving and usually already knows where we’re going. For the long 4th of July weekend, we went all over Western Colorado, off-roading, over mountains, everything, and he drove the whole time. 

We usually split the time evenly between talking, listening to music, and listening to audiobooks.

Post # 5
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2020

becks90 :  “When you go on road trips a) who usually drives? b) who is the co-pilot? c) how do you spend the journey?”

He usually drives and I provide the entertainment 😀 So far the road trips we’ve taken have been about 3-4 hours. I absolutely love road trips since they were a pretty big part of my childhood. It has a nostalgic element for me

Post # 6
279 posts
Helper bee

We’ve only been on one really long, “true” road trip together (12 hours or so), and we split the driving pretty equally for that, but normally he does the majority of the driving between the two of us. He’s a much better driver than me and I really don’t like driving, haha. We like to jam out to music together while driving, but also sometimes enjoy NPR or audiobooks. 

Post # 7
78 posts
Worker bee

Add me to the list please! 

My SO is usually the one who drives, we always use his truck, it has a lot more room than my baby car. His driving scared the living daylights out of me sometimes but I still love him. 

Post # 8
42 posts
Newbee

We have done several long road trips! I usually drive for longer parts of the trips and if it’s just a day trip I usually take the driver job entirely. He doesn’t normally drive since he takes the train to work so he’s not as comfortable behind the wheel, especially getting in and out of the city. I enjoy driving, so it works for us. His job is directions, making sure I have good singing music, and locating the best drive thrus. I feel like when we aren’t singing, we have the best conversations on road trips!

Post # 9
9 posts
Newbee

Please add me to the list!

I drive on road trips. I get motion sickness easily and my SO is happy to relax.

Post # 10
55 posts
Worker bee

Add me to the list please!

Post # 13
101 posts
Blushing bee

If we take my car I drive, his car he drives. If the trip is over 5hrs we share driving duties.

We both love driving but his car is nicer to travel in so he usually ends up driving, we like to play car games like 20 questions, etc. So it’s up to the co-pilot to think of the games! Haha

Post # 14
75 posts
Worker bee

Hopefully it’ll be my turn off the list soon 🙂

Post # 15
11 posts
Newbee

becks90 :  I hate driving and he loves it so 95% of the time it is him doing the majority of the driving.

The topic ‘The Waiting LIst (7/10/17)’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors