(Closed) The Waiting List (7/24/17)

posted 3 months ago in Waiting
Post # 3
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

Well for a first date I would suggest something benign, like eating lunch at a restaurant followed by a leisurely walk in a park. For a second date I like to test a person’s stamina by doing something more adventurous. My SO and I did a 2 hour hike in -20 degree weather for our second date. To be fair, I warned him I did that type of thing often before we met, and I wanted to test his character right away to see if he would “wuss-out” on me or not! 

But I guess if I was giving advice to a friend though I’d tell them to keep it more in line with the meal and leisurely stroll idea. 🙂

Post # 4
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2020

If someone asked you for a date recommendation.. what would you suggest?

Nothing beats dinner and then a comedy club.

For dates that you can stay local for I’d say the movies. I’m biased because I love watching movies. Some people dont consider a movie a good date idea because you cant talk to one another but what they’re forgetting is that it should be dinner and a movie or movie and then dinner. 

Post # 5
114 posts
Blushing bee

I would recommend a brewery tour (as long as neither parties have reason to avoid alcohol), or something like bowling/mini golf.

Post # 6
1424 posts
Bumble bee

Please remove me from the list – I’m engaged! laughing

Post # 8
181 posts
Blushing bee

Hi there, would you add me to the list please?

Back on the Bee after a 3 year hiatus. In that time I ditched the guy who was dragging his feet (and was all kinds of wrong for me), bought a house, learned to live alone (and love it) and met the most amazing guy 6 months ago. Now I’m definitely waiting and this time I know he is the one. 🙂

Post # 9
1424 posts
Bumble bee

SO surprised me with a trip to San Fran and proposed at an amazing overlook at the Golden Gate Bridge. Then we spent 4 days/3 nights in Napa Valley to celebrate. It was amazing and perfect, and I can’t believe we’re finally engaged!!!

Post # 10
91 posts
Worker bee

duchessgummybunns :  Congratulations!!! What a great place to propose – SF is one of my most favorite places in the wooooorld. That’s an OEC, right? SOOOOO dreamy <3

Post # 11
1424 posts
Bumble bee

LittleRedBug :  Thank you! I’d only been to SF twice before, and briefly both times – and SO had never seen the Pacific! And neither of us had ever spent time in wine coutnry – so it was a very fun trip for both of us! Yes, it’s an AVR (August Vintage Round) from Good Old Gold. 🙂 

Post # 12
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2020

duchessgummybunns :  Congratulations!

And personally, I think a good date is mini golf! It’s an active enough activity so that if the date is a bit of a dud, you can focus on the game to remove awkwardness, but also open enough to chat if you’re hitting it off! And lot’s of room for flirtation. 🙂

Post # 14
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

Cross me off the list! He proposed last night while watching the sunset at the Sleeping Bear dunes in northern Michigan. We’re on a long mini vacation for a belated 5 year anniversary celebration. I was blown away because I didn’t think he had even started ring shopping! 

The topic ‘The Waiting List (7/24/17)’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors