(Closed) The Waiting List 8/8/2016

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: How long have you two been dating?
    Less than a year. : (4 votes)
    5 %
    1-2 Years : (25 votes)
    32 %
    3-4 years : (30 votes)
    38 %
    5-6 Years : (5 votes)
    6 %
    6-7 Years : (4 votes)
    5 %
    7-8 Years : (5 votes)
    6 %
    8-9 Years : (5 votes)
    6 %
    10+ Years : (1 votes)
    1 %
  • Post # 2
    221 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2018

Cross #126 off the list — I am officially engaged!

We’d eaten at this taqueria on the south side of Chicago for lunch and then gone into Wicker Park to shop and have some coffee at Wormhole. I went to the bathroom in Wormhole and came out and he was on his phone freaking out … and told me we had to go back to the taqueria because he accidentally threw away something very important. It was in a little pouch in his pocket and he’d apparently put it in the trash bin thinking it was a folded up receipt. Soooo we uber all the way back to the south side. It had already been through the trash compacter so he had to spend half an hour digging through the garbage with this guy named Irvine. But he found it! And proposed later, after hours in Millennium Park after we’d just been to see The Book of Mormon. It was absolutely perfect and I cannot wait to marry him.

Congratulations as well to all the other bees who got engaged last week! <3

Post # 4
    459 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2017

lagavulin :  omg what a story!!!! Holy cow. Congrats!!!

Post # 5
    95 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: January 2018

New Bee in waiting here!  Would love to be added to the list!   We have been together for 9.5 years since we were 17 and have finally been seriously discussing marriage for the past few months 🙂 

Post # 6
    40 posts
    Newbee

lagavulin :  Ahhh! God bless Irvine! What a story. Congrats, bee! Gorgeous ring, too! Love the rose gold! xx

Post # 7
    50 posts
    Worker bee

lagavulin :  Congratulations! That’s quite the story!! 

Regarding the poll, we’ll be together three years this October. We were friends for years before that, really took our time!

Post # 8
    1172 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

Ok ladies – I think it’s happening this week!! Wednesday is our 2 year anniversary and he has a really special dinner planned and has been kind of vague about the plans. I’m trying not to get too excited, in case it doesn’t happen, but if he doesn’t do it then I have no idea when he will!

Post # 9
    371 posts
    Helper bee

lagavulin :  LOVE your ring! Gorgous! I’ve always wanted a oval ring, too. Stone would be a gem. I wonder if I’ll end up with that. Hehe. 

All the best in the wedding planning process. 

mrs.akjp :  Keep me on the list, please. However, just FYI – SO said proposal will occur within September. Fingers crossed for me as I’ve been waiting quite a while! Our relationship is just shy of a decade! 

All the best for ALL waiting Bess! I have my fingers crossed for you all! 

Post # 10
    234 posts
    Helper bee

We just came up on 2 and a half years together.

Post # 11
    145 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2018

We’re just shy of 5 so I picked 3-4. Hoping we get to 5 engaged. Mainly for symmetry; we started dating almost exactly 5 years afterwe met, and I love when things match 🙂

Post # 12
    166 posts
    Blushing bee

thorncastle :  you just made me think about it, and my SO and I are in the exact same boat. Met 5 years before dating and will be close to 5 years together when we get engaged!! 

Post # 13
    82 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: January 2018

Just celebrated our 7 year anniversary! We’re doing a 7-day celebration (tiny things each day) and I have a feeling he’s going to ask at the end of it. I guess we’ll see! 

Post # 14
    2126 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2018

lagavulin :  Holy crap!! I’m sure your Boyfriend or Best Friend was sweating bricks until he found it! Congrats!

Post # 15
    2126 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2018

We will be together 4 years in December. I would love to be engaged by Apri 2017.

The topic ‘The Waiting List 8/8/2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors