(Closed) The Waiting List (9/18/17)

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
110 posts
Blushing bee

My Mum, then my Dad. The rest of the “important” people will get messages either through FB or text. Once that’s done it might eventually go on Facebook. I told him that as much as I want to share it with the world, I want us to have it a few days to ourselves before telling anyone, including my Mum.

Post # 4
176 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Kentwood, MI

I would say my grandmother and my sister. My parents would get a text later. My sister and grandmother need time to arrange flights and hotels, so I’d want them too get the date right away so they can plan.

Post # 5
65 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2019

We actually talked about this the other day. My mom, sister, aunts, and a group of really close friends that are like family would know. And he’d tell his mom. I told him I’d like to wait a bit on social media, until at least friends and family were notified. That way they don’t all try and karate chop me in the throat for not telling them. πŸ˜‚

Post # 7
78 posts
Worker bee

My parents, his parents and his siblings. Everyone else will get a text before we post to social media (maybe the next day?) 

We’re almost through our pre-engagement classes. We agreed on getting engaged after those are done, so I’m very excited! October will be a great month.

Post # 8
338 posts
Helper bee

this question is so hard! My mom, dad, grandparents, grandma, aunt on my dads side, best friends at home, then probably text the rest of my close friends and family because I hate being on the phone and so does my SO

Post # 9
1089 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

View original reply
becks90 :  oops you still have me listed! lol I hope that other Anna hasn’t noticed lol

Post # 10
78 posts
Worker bee

I’ve ruined everything! My BF asked me if I wanted to go to a special place this Sunday and I was like, NO! I won’t go until our engagement period. He was like, don’t you want to go? And I was like, NO! We have mutual goals. Anyway. He was going to surprise me with an early proposal.  So I’ve ruined it all now. Now he has to come up with a new plan. I feel so bad!!!!!

Post # 11
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

Happy to announced I am ready to be taken off the waiting list, I’m engaged!!! It happened Labor Day Weekend when we went away to visit his family in Atlanta. His family threw a bbq and he got up to thank everyone for coming and then called me to come stand next to him where he proceeded to tell everyone how much I meant to him while he had John Legend’s “You & I” playing softly in the background and then he proposed! Of course I said yes and as he was placing the ring on my finger his family members brought out a beautiful cake that said “Congratulations on your engagement!” πŸ˜„♥οΈπŸ’

Post # 13
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

View original reply
becks90 :  Thank you! πŸ˜„

Post # 14
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2019

It happened!! πŸ™‚ He proposed last Thursday at Disneyland in front of the castle (we are Disney nuts) and it was perfect. 

Post # 15
411 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2020 - Windermere, Cumbria

My best friend, my brother, my grandma, his parents, and his brother and SIL. I’m not at all close to my parents (my mother texted me to tell me when my grandfather died, for example), so they’d get an FB message or text, and I’d resent even that haha.
Congrats @ivmeow and @summerlove16! πŸ™‚

The topic ‘The Waiting List (9/18/17)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors