(Closed) The walk down the aise… dad? mom&dad?

posted 6 years ago in Traditions
Post # 3
46372 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

You actually can say no to a mom. It’s one of the things that you have to learn how to do. I would tell her now that you have decided that it will be just Dad so that she has some time to get used to the idea.

Post # 4
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I would not suggest telling her too soon before the wedding. I would go ahead and let her know about this so she can have some time to process her emotions. I actually wanted both my parents to walk me down the aisle. Both my parents have been together and raised me so I want them both to walk me down the aisle. Unfortunately, the aisle space is not big enough for 3 people to walk down plus I have a huge dress. My mom was actually the one to shoot the idea down because of this.

Post # 5
1284 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Yeah I wouldn’t wait til the rehearsal if I were you.

Post # 6
1925 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

If you don’t want her walking you down the aisle, you need to tell her and soon.  Don’t wait until the rehearsal dinner.  I’m personally having both of my parents walk me down the aisle.  If it was 100% up to me, I would walk alone, but I think that this moment is important to them both so I’m having them walk me.  But really, it’s a decision you have to come to yourself.  For me, it was worth the compromise because I don’t feel very strongly about it.

Post # 7
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I wish I had my dad around to walk me down the aisle…its a father’s moment let him have it.  Try and incorporate your mom in another way that won’t make her feel left out. 

The topic ‘The walk down the aise… dad? mom&dad?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors