- 5 years ago
I’m pretty sure I’m going platinum (nickel allergy) but wanted to ask a couple of questions to both the bees with white gold and platinum (particularly those with a solitaire or even a halo without sidestones on the band, as platinum is known to scratch easier I’ve heard on a plain band? Thanks 🙂
if white gold please:
1. post a pic of your ring
2. how long you’ve had it
3. how often you’ve replated it
3. if you’ve had a skin reaction to it
4. If you would upgrade to platinum now if you could go back, or when (if) you upgrade.
For the bees with platinum e-rings:
1. Post a pic
2. How long you’ve have had it
3. Was it worth the extra cost?
4. Have you had to have it buffed out (the patina)
5. Does the color look gray to you (instead of white)?
6. If you had the patina buffed out, was it pretty cheap? Did you have to do without your rings for a while?
If there is somewehere online you can direct me to that has this information, that would be great. I’ve only read so far these pros and cons for white gold and platinum.
White gold pros:
more scratch resistant
needs to be replated
bad for people with sensitive skin
doesn’t need to be replated
lasts more than one lifetime (the ring)
does patina (but can be buffed out if so desired)
grayer in color over time (some like this look though)
Let me know if I’m incorrect on any of these points, and I’d love to hear from you, bees!