- Miss Puppy Love
- 9 years ago
- Wedding: June 2011
I only joined this site a few days ago, and who would’ve thought it would already turn out to be such a life support??
For me, the hardest part of the wedding planning process has been narrowing our focus into one central “theme”, per say. D and I determined the colors we like (black, white, green, and gold) a while back, and I know what style of fabric/stationery I like (I LOVE damask and I love classic style!), but I still felt like our visions were scattered. As I mentioned on my post, I chose the username Miss Puppy Love for this site because D proposed using my favorite puppy.
Well, I was watching some planning show on TV yesterday (sorry, I can’t remember the name for the life of me) and this top-notch planner mentioned how important it is to have a central theme to tie everything together. Crud. His reasoning solidified my worries–we needed a theme.
When I was in the shower today (I do my best thinking there!), it all finally seemed to click.
- D and I were high school sweethearts and have been together ever since…commonly referred to as “puppy love”.
- D and I volunteer regularly at the Humane Society, and chose to foster and save 8 puppies this summer.
- D proposed using one of those puppies.
- Our entire engagement session and print fees were donated to the Humane Society. It’s an interesting story…one I will tell in more detail in my next post (the photos are in!).
- My goals after I graduate are to attend law school…I hope to work in animal rights.
- Oh, and did I mention…we LOVE dogs…dogs have seemed to be a uniting factor in our relationship.
But, I then started to get awful premenitions of dog bones everyone and my bridesmaids wearing tails…EEK! I definitely don’t want a cheesy, overly done theme. Not wanting to diminish my love for classic taste, it hit me: CLASSIC PUPPY LOVE.
The idea is to tie in this bond D and I have share with the classic style we were already thinking of…in a tasteful way. I’ve only just begun brainstorming, but here are some ideas I have so far:
- Using dogwood flowers!
- We were already planning on making a donation (in lieu of the favors) to the Humane Society or ASPCA. I found a cute cookie recipie I hope to make, and we’ll attach a tag stating a donation was made in the wedding’s name to these organizations. I am wanting to snap a classy picture of my two pups dolled up in wedding gear…a black and white photo, of course.
- We were already planning on doing a dessert table at the reception. Well, now it’s a MUST that we have puppy chow! And possibly bone-shaped rice crispy treats.
- I’ve found ideas for doing table numbers after different breeds…I will need to toy around with this design to make sure it matches up with our classic edge.
- I want to do a victorian-style dog house with a slit in it for the cardbox. (black and white, needless to say)
- “Puppy Love” by Paul Anka will need to be played!
Whew! That’s about all I’ve got for now. Do you have any ideas/suggestions/thoughts on my newly discovered theme?
Who would’ve thought that creating a username for this site would have such a large impact in our wedding!