(Closed) Themed hotels under $250/night in the U.S.?

posted 6 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 2
1661 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
bellanotte11:  DH and I stayed at Chateau Avalon in Kansas City a few years ago. We went for a football game, so I don’t know what there is to do around there, but we loved the hotel. 

http://www.chateauavalonhotel.com

Post # 3
3416 posts
Sugar bee

Lol, I was going to suggest the Madonna Inn until I got to the bottom of your post. 

Post # 4
9519 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I was also going to say the Madonna Inn! Hotel Gálvez in Galveston, Texas is beautiful and there is alot to do in the area, plus it is right on the beach. There is a glamping resort in Montana that looks amazing, the Resort at Paws Up. They have alot of activities and you stay in a luxury tent. 

Post # 7
516 posts
Busy bee

The Stanley in Colorado, which was featured in “The Shining” is a place I’d love to check out…

Post # 8
516 posts
Busy bee

Crescent Hotel and Spa in Eureka Springs, AR has some interesting history, and there is a lot to see and do in that area, like bathe in spring-fed hot springs and sift through a diamond field–3 hours away–where you get to keep what you find, and if you’re lucky you might find a rock like this woman did this year:  

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/27/travel/feat-crater-of-diamonds-park-discovery/

Crescent Hotel (has a history of being haunted as well):

Post # 11
9519 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Oh! The nice thing is that Galveston is half an hour from Houston. You could spend a couple nights at Zaza and a few at Hotel Galvez, that will average out your budget to do both. I used to live in Houston, there are lots of art museums, theatre, great restaurants. Galveston has a water theme park, amd Moody Gardens-a park with three pyramids- one is an amazon jungle, another is an aquarium and the last is a 3D movie theatre. They are fun. Then you have the best of both worlds. 

Sorry for the Paws Up suggestion, I talked to them about working there but hadn’t looked at the prices when I suggested it to you. 

The topic ‘Themed hotels under $250/night in the U.S.?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors