- 7 years ago
- Wedding: February 2012
Well as it always is in my family there is always one. And out to make sure MY special day is turned into HER personal Drama is my Aunt. Here’s the list
1. We got engaged in August. Mum decided to come out to see us (Dad was stuck home because of his business). Aunt decided to come. Fair enough. She then spent the whole week talking about her opinions of the wedding, how we should do it, who we should invite, colours I should go for etc… She then proceeded to tell everyone we saw that SHE came to congratulate me personally and SHE invited my mum to come. She stole the thunder that week completely. She slated my fiancee’s choice in ring (which was exactly the ring I wanted and is perfect), said I better loose weight before my wedding because nobody likes a fat bride (Yes I am fat – no need to be nasty about it), asked my mother if she was thinking of getting a face-lift before the wedding, told my fiancee he messed-up in proposing to me, because all he needs to do is to look at my mother to see what I’ll become.
2. She started emailing me constantly (twice a day) about flights, hotels etc. I had said here that I would get cheap rates for hotels for people, but I don’t have flight information on who flies etc and can only suggest airports etc which I did on my invitations along with the pricelist of the hotels, which they let my mother and I know and we book after they have their flights.
3. If I don’t email her back within 6 hours (bar sleeping hours) she then calls my mum and screams and swears down the phone to her, telling her I am a snobby b*&%^, and telling my mother if she was really her friend she would dump me.
3. She throws a hissy-fit that Mum went wedding dress shopping without her (I live in another country so we shopped over skype together), and feels she should have been involved.
4. She’s thrown a hissy-fit that I didn’t ask her 15 year old daughter to be my bridesmaid (I have 14 first cousins that are female, and I can’t ask justo ne so I asked none). She thinks if I asked my nephews and niece (2,4 and 5) to be bridesmaids then her daughter should be too.
5. She has received an invitation like everyone else, but she still isn’t satisfied and continiously calls my mother saying I should call her up personally and cordially invite her and request (or beg her) for her presence.
6. She wants her children’s boyfriend and girlfriend to come, and thinks it’s unfair we don’t invited them (as I said her daughter is 15 and has been with her current “boyfriend” a month, her son is 17 and with his “girlfriend” for a couple of months longer than that.
7. She feels that if she should be at the top table, or as close as possible to it. Sod everyone else that I feel closer to than her.
8. She is furious that my parents are coming out 10 days before the wedding, especially as she can’t close the business that long and can only come a few days before.
9. She said to a few people that she wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t get invited, and this caused a lot of embarrasment and bad feeling.
10. She is abusive and rude towards my mother and making her ill. My Mum has a lot on her plate and can’t cope with this crap on top of it as well.The erratic phone calls where she screams and shouts and cries down the phone, the nasty text messages, the emails – it’s all too much.
11. I tried to involve her just for peace and quiet and asked her if she would like to organize a family party when I’m home. My Mum is a peace-maker and thought that this may make things better. In the end she just used this against everyone – telling them she was the favourite, and not organizing in the end because I wasn’t replying quickly enough to her emails.
I’ll be going home tomorrow for a couple of weeks and she has managed with her actions to ruin all the excitement of the wedding planning, as well as causing a lot of tension between my parents (My Dad is old-school and doesn’t like confrontation, especially when it’s his side of the family. She married to Dad’s brother)
Also, reading this message back I can’t help but laugh – this could be a movie script it’s so ridicilous and over the top, but unfortunately no, it’s true and when I remember that it kind of crushes my heart.
Anyway, we have decided to meet with my uncle to discuss this (he is such a sweet, good man), as we are starting to think that she may actually not be well, mentally. My mother suspects bipolar (my aunt’s mother suffers from bipolar), and this is the only thing up to now which is stopping me from punching her when I’m home.
If she is ill, it may make me feel a bit better, because as it is she has completely stolen my thunder. But then again I could never wish someone to be ill, but I can’t imagine that someone can be such a cow without something wrong with them
I know there isn’t much anyone can say or suggest, but I guess I just wanted a rant, get it all off my chest as such. So sorry for that! 🙂