Post # 1
I could well be wrong, but I’m getting a feeling something is going on with the Boy. A few things:
- I’ve become friends with his friend’s wife lately, and while chilling out one day, she kept saying “you’ll be next” and telling me how the Boy and I’s wedding would be awesome. I get that she’s a newlywed, and probably going through some planning withdrawal, but she kept on and on and on about it.
- We met up with some of his friends, recently and had lunch. I excused myself to go to the ladies room and when I came back, the lady suddenly decided to go through the pics from her daughter’s wedding with me on her phone. No mention of weddings had been made prior to this.
- His brother (who is known to be VERY good at planning) has been very quiet with me lately. I’ve seen him quiet before – always when he’s planning. And I wouldn’t be surprised if he was very involved in planning this.
- It seems to be VERY important to Boy and his bro that I go on holiday with them later in the year – even though I don’t really fancy the destination and I’m perfectly happy for the boys to have a boys vacation without me (Hooters included).
- Boy has been very open to discussing marriage and engagement and weddings lately, but this could just be to appease me. When I asked if he had thought about IT, he told me he had some plans in the works, but he wants it to be a surprise. “and don’t you go diggin around with my bro either”
So….how exciting/scary!! Anyone else recognise these symptoms?
Post # 3
It sounds like you’re on to something. Cheers!
Post # 4
WOW! Soungs like there will be a proposal for you SOON! Sooo exciting! Don’t really get your hopes up too much. How far away is the vacation? I’ve noticed these things before but I was TOTALLY wrong. So try to stay calm, relax, and enjoy.
Post # 5
Something does sound fishy, so fingers crossed thats its soon!
Post # 6
@PrettySedity the vacation isn’t until December, which seems a long way off for him to be telling people and a long time to expect people to keep it secret.
So far, though, all the people I suspect he’s told have been people I don’t see much of, so either he’s choosing people to vent to very carefully or I’m imagining the whole thing!
I love this feeling though – anticipation, and wondering, and speculating and dreaming – it’s wonderful! 🙂
Post # 7
Sounds promising- good luck!
Post # 8
sounds very promising!!! YAY! I hope it comes soon!!
Post # 9
good luck! it sounds promising, i hope it happens soon for you 🙂
Post # 10
Good clues! You seem to be right! I’ll cross my fingers for you 🙂
Post # 11
Sorry, everyone, I was wrong.:( He doesn’t have a plan, he has a vague idea. When I asked roughly how long, in years, he said he hadn’t thought about that. His talking about weddings etc, was just talk, he said because it seems to make me happy. He’s still scared to make any commitment, to me, to a shared home, to a family anything. He’s asked me to help him get over his fears but I’ve no idea where to start.
It hurts me that I’m excited to wake up with him every day for the ret of my life, and although he says he is too, I’m not seing any evidence that that’s the case.
I’ve suggested counselling, as a couple or individually, because we both have work to do, but if by this point next year we haven’t taken some positive and concrete steps forward I think I’m done.
I should probably delete my account on WB for my own sanity.
Post # 13
Sorry to hear that, hoping things work out the way you want.