(Closed) They want us to pay $1.75 for soda refills???

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

thar’s ridiculous! try to negotiate that out. would you be able to get a new venue — have you paid deposits or anything?

Post # 4
1235 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

That is rediculous. Try to get rid of that. They are upcharging for the sake of making more off the wedding. It is just wrong.

Post # 5
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I’d go to a new venue. They sound totally unfair and unreasonable. 

Post # 6
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

I agree.  I would suggest to the manager that you will be more than happy to take your business elsewhere..where they give free refills and don’t have ridiculous “glasses upcharges” if he won’t negotiate.

Post # 7
1332 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

Dang, I’d be bringing my own 2-liter if I was your guest.  That’s ridiculous!

Post # 8
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

If its not too late to make other arrangements, I would. Not even for the whole soda thing (which is absolutely ridiculous) but simply for the fact that this guy/venue seems like they don’t know what hell they’re talking about. I would not trust something as important as my wedding reception to these clowns. 

Post # 9
2289 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I agree with the other folks…I don’t think this is very reasonable. I’d find a new venue if you are able.

Post # 11
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@XWeddBlissX:I have also already put the deposit down on my caterer without really talking to them a lot. I think the difference is that I live in a fairly small town and EVERYBODY knows this family and their catering business comes highly recommended. However…when I was talking to one of the girls in my office last week and I mentioned who I was using, she stated she was getting thinking about changing to them for the exact same reasons you just mentioned. She had already booked her ceremony and reception at one of the large hotels down on the beach then after signing the contract, the “coordinator” there called to go over some of the things with her and started nickle and diming her on everything. At one point he even told her that the flowers could only come from one specific florist because that’s who they used. After several calls back and forth, prices kept changing and she was almost in tears. Her Fiance called and asked to speak with the manager. When the same guy came on the line, her Fiance demanded the Hotel Manager be put on the phone or he would drive down there and request a face to face meeting. When the manager came online, he was very surprised to hear how they had been treated and that they were being told they could not use their own florist, would have to pay for refills on drinks, etc. He apologized profusely and basically begged him not to change the venue to a new location.

In these times, businesses are fighting for customers so even if you had to take a loss of the entire $500, I would let them know it’s worth it simply not to have to deal with the crap you are dealing with so far. I say call and speak with the General Manager and see where that gets you. Good luck!

Post # 12
5921 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I would also try to talk to a manager of some sort – from someone who has worked in event management for a few years, EVERYTHING is negotiable.

Good luck 🙂

Post # 13
808 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

We are playing $2.00 per soda/sweet tea and per refill.  I think that is a bit ridiculous as well.  However, we knew it was in our contract when we signed.  Did they not disclose that to you ahead of time?

Post # 14
2104 posts
Buzzing bee

That’s sounds insane to me.  It’s not like your guests will know that or even imagine that their soda is so expensive, so they’ll likely order refill after refill.

Post # 15
1893 posts
Buzzing bee

That is totally outrageous.  I’d ask to speak with the general manager and if you don’t get anywhere with that, tell them you’re going elsewhere and ask about the deposit.

Post # 16
3522 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

No way in hell is soda worth that much. I hope you can work something out or get your deposit back.

The topic ‘They want us to pay $1.75 for soda refills???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors