- 8 years ago
- Wedding: August 2010
My wedding was last weekend and it was wonderful! There were a couple of things we spent money on that I think we could have done without to save some money though. And other things I wish we did spend money on! Here’s my lists.
What I think was a waste of money at our wedding:
1. Champagne toast. It was warm, and most people didn’t drink it.
2. Candy buffet. While some guests did seem to enjoy it, the kids almost completely raided it before dinner was over, and it really wasn’t worth the money or effort.
3. Professional makeup. It didn’t look any better than when I do my makeup myself, and even though I got airbrush makeup it didn’t last any longer than regular makeup!
4. My bridesmaids hairdos. They wore it down and curly and none of them were very happy with the way it turned out.
Things I’m really glad we splurged on:
1. A professional videographer. Now that the wedding is over I’m so excited to see the video to see moments I missed, and see what it was like front the guests view. We hired a videographer at the last minute when we realized we had some extra money and I’m so glad we did!
2. The decorations: Chair covers, centerpieces, uplights, chinese lanterns hanging from the ceiling. These things made a huge impact on the look of the room!
Things I wish we had have spent money on:
1. I wish we had paid our DJ and venue to stay an extra hour at the end of the night. The reception seemed to end so soon, an extra hour of dancing would have been worth the expense!
2. I wish we’d paid someone to clean up our house while we were gone on the honeymoon! We just came home today and the house is a disaster! Not looking forward to cleaning it all week 🙁
Overall I’m so happy with the way our wedding turned out! Hope my lists help some of you out! If you’re married already I’m interested in hearing your lists too!