Post # 1
Lets make a list, I’ll start:
1. I will take you to the department store to try on dresses that don’t cost a fortune. If nothing works, then we’ll head to a bridal shop.
2. I know we all have body issues somewhere and I will try to make you happy with the dress choice.
3. I will not make you all buy shoes you don’t need.
4. I will ask if certain dates work for your schedule rather than pick and dictate.
5. I will not micromanage and criticize the shower/bachelorette you are throwing for me. It is a gift and you’re not supposed to look a gift horse in the mouth.
6. I do not expect a shower at my bachelorette. I can handle my own unmentionables.
7. I will not argue with you about driving anywhere over 20 minutes away to get dress measurements if you can call them in.
9. I will not turn you into my personal party planner.
What else can we swear off?
Post # 3
I will not make you pay to get your hair and makeup done, when I know you can do it perfectly well yourself
Post # 4
I will not monopolize all of our conversations for the next year about MY wedding and continue to take an interest in YOUR life!
Post # 5
@Valdrine: I just clicked back to add that one! lol
Post # 6
I will not make you feel that one maid is more important to the other.
Post # 8
I will ask you about your life as it relates to you, not my wedding.
If I am the sort of person to require professional hair and makeup, I will pay for it because I am dictating it.
I will ask you about your dress budget before going dress shopping.
I will not try to give you an ‘out’. Ever. I know how much that would hurt your feelings.
If you get pregnant, that’s wonderful! I can’t wait to meet the baby! That in no way, shape, or form, will effect my happiness during my wedding.
Post # 9
I will treat you first and foremost as a friend, and a bridesmaid second… because that’s the order of importance to me.
I do not expect a bridal shower. I’d much rather have a girls’ lunch or brunch and just hang out with my best friends.
It would be nice to have a bach party, however I DO NOT expect my best friends to go broke flying all of us to Las Vegas, paying for flights & food & entertainment. I can and intend to be perfectly entertained locally, and on the cheap!!
I will ask my Fiance to help with DIY projects, since this is his wedding too. If my bridesmaids want to help out, lovely. If not, well that’s lovely too. SOme of my girlfriends don’t have a crafty bone in their bodies. Please don’t mess up my favors with your un-craftiness!
I promise to be a friend before a bride. I promise to treat you like a friend 🙂
Post # 10
I will not tell you to go tanning and that you should make the sacrifice even though you have a history of cancer in your family.
Post # 11
I won’t tell you to grow your hair long or have it cut short. I won’t tell you to cover your tattoos or alter your appearance for my wedding.
Post # 12
I will make sure your wallets and purses are locked up in a safe place so they aren’t stolen during the ceremony (yes, this happened at the last wedding I was in).
Post # 13
yes, I love this, I feel I am better bride because I’ve been in several weddings.
1. I will understand that you have life, and some people don’t like crafting and won’t force you or get angry if you don’t want to work on my diy projects with me.
2. If you aren’t a wedding person, or have your own things going on I won’t accuse you of being jealous of me.
3. I will not foce you to tone down or change who you are for my pictures, ie covering up your tattos with makeup, making people take peircings out, asking someone to dye their hair, tone down their makeup.
Post # 14
I will feed you in the AM and the mid-day, not just dinner 🙂
Post # 15
I love this thread!
I will not tell you “Don’t worry, you’re day will come!” 10 times over on my wedding day.
I will shower you with love and respect for accepting to be one of my bridesmaids!
I will not demand anything of you, in any way, shape or form.
I will not compare my wedding to your wedding.
Post # 16
I will get you a gift that you will appreciate and use; not a gift that will complete the look I want you to have for my wedding.
I will not force you into anything that would make you uncomfortable; whether that be a certain dress, shoes, or a dance with someone you barely know.