- 6 years ago
- Wedding: July 2013
I attended a good friend’s wedding this weekend and there were a few things I thought about while I was there.
- Don’t go to karate the few weeks before the wedding. I had very attractive split knuckles – not a problem for someone else’s wedding but definitely a problem for my own! I don’t really fancy ring pictures with my hands all scabby!
- Floaty dresses are a go. Her BMs were in knee-length chiffon dresses and looked lovely, which just confirmed my own decision for my BMs to have chiffon dresses.
- Not everyone will eat the buffet. We had a 3 course meal and then a buffet was brought out later, which was hardly touched. Definitely not going to cater for all of the guests in the evening!
- Entertainment is really important. She’s Scottish and there was a ceilidh band. All the guests spent the whole night dancing – it was fantastic! Although we won’t be doing the same (it’d be a bit weird as neither of us are Scots) it’s really made me think about the music we’ll have during the reception.
- I’ve got to have some breakfast on the day because my friend told me she felt really faint before dinner.
- The seating plan is really important because she sat us with some wonderful people we got on really well with. I was so glad to make some new friends and we danced together all night!
What have you learned from other people’s weddings which you’ll take forward to your own?