- 8 years ago
- Wedding: June 2012
Wow! Some of these are pretty funny 🙂 I had a whole slew of things go wrong, but I was determined to remain calm and enjoy my day–and so I did!
1) I forgot to bring the hair flowers I purchased for my updo. Last minute solution–I pulled a flower out of my bouquet and stuck it up there instead.
2) I forgot my great grandma’s brooch as my “something old.” I’m actually still a little sad about this one, but I didn’t let it ruin my day.
3) My Mother-In-Law said she was getting a navy blue dress (my bridesmaids were in cobalt blue). She showed up in a cobalt blue dress that almost exactly matched the bridesmaids. I was a little tiffed at first, but what the heck–she looked beautiful and I’m sure no one else noticed or cared.
4) I woke up that morning with a small zit forming on my cheek. It was one of those “smallish in the morning, explodes by afternoon” types. In my beauty shots after the ceremony, of course that cheek was the one facing the camera. Photoshop to the rescue!
5) We got stuck in traffic and were late getting to the reception. Then, when we got there, my girls threw my bustle up in about two minutes, we rushed down to get introduced…and realized that three of our bridal party members were not there yet. We almost walked into the room without one of the groomsmen. Yikes!
6) After the delay, we really had to start food service right away, but the toasts were first….aaaand the best man procedes to give a fifteen minute long speech. *faceplant*
7) My husband pulled the keepsake garter off my leg instead of the toss garter. Later, I told him he threw out the wrong one, so he went to the guy and exchanged it. But the guy who caught it was wearing it on his head all night…(can you wash organza???)
8) I got about three bites of my dinner down before my stomach started hurting, and continued to hurt the entire night. It might have been because I hadn’t eaten since breakfast, but I do also have IBS, so who knows. Regardless, I didn’t want to drink, didn’t even want to eat anything from our beautiful dessert table and chocolate fountain. I was in pain and don’t even know how I kept dancing. That really sucked because I know the food there is delicious and I wanted to enjoy the open bar too lol.
Despite all this, there were a lot of things that went right. I mean, I did marry my best friend! I still maintain that our wedding was the best wedding ever 🙂
@Genuine513: Oh no! This always happens to me! It was actually one of the reasons I decided not to wear a necklace…lol.