I love this thread.
1. While we were getting ready my sister and maid of honor sat at a table and didn’t realize there was glass under it. She got a huge, very deep cut in her knee. There was blood everywhere and she needed stitches but refused to leave. One of our guests who was an EMT had to come and bandage her up and re-dress it every couple of hours.
2. We lost the marriage license. We had to send someone back to the hotel to find it so we almost didn’t make it official.
3. There was a huge accident on the interstate and all our vendors (
including quartet, officiant, photographer, etc) were all an hour late. We had to start late.
4. Right before I walked down the aisle, a huge gust of wind knocked over the planter and floral arrangements at the top of the aisle. The boys just shoved it back in and moved closer to cover it. In all our photos, there is a flower massacre on the floor.
5. In the middle of our ceremony the speaker system started playing music and no one turned it off. We had some interesting background music going on there.
6. DH mother insisted we have a Rabbi as our officiant which we agreed to as long as we didnt have to speak hebrew during the ceremony. Our Rabbi was fine with it and we talked about it several times. Alas, mid-ceremony we heard “repeat after me.” I panicked and 100% butchered it. The video is so embarassing. You can see it all over my face.
7. We couldn’t get my bustle done after the photos and I missed dinner entirely.
8. After dinner, we were supposed to go to every table to greet all our guests. Before we even got to one table, the DJ changed the script and did the cake. We never made it to one table and I barely saw half my guests.
9. The best man’s speech was beyond awkward. He spent the whole time talking about all the times DH got drunk and did stupid things. Not a single laugh from the whole crowd.
10. The cake was none of the things we discussed it being. It was pinterest fail 101. The simple buttercream rosettes, dots and swirls were nowhere to be seen. I took one look, laughed and walked away.
11. Also my bridesmaid couldn’t zip up her dress. She found out she was pregnant and ordered a size up. When it arrived, she thought it was too big and sent it back for a smaller size. Cue 3 months later and it wouldn’t do up. She had to wear it unzipped all night.
I laugh about all these things now. And for the most part then. But I think all the crazy things that happened make the best memories.