- 7 years ago
- Wedding: September 2011
So the wedding is over and we are now husband and wife! Here are just a few things that happened that were unplanned, but I just went with it and enjoyed my day!
1. It rained on and off. I just decided rain wasn’t going to ruin my day. We were doing formal pictures inside, I had brought my dress to the church the night before so that wasn’t an issue. It only started downpouring right after I got into the church too (yeah for not ruining my hair/makeup!). I had chosen a french twist just in case it did rain too. It stopped raining for a couple hours after the ceremony for outside pics. Even though it was wet, I wasn’t going to let that stop me from getting pictures at my pre-picked locations!
2. My DOC didn’t get the right color chair sashes in time. She called me Friday night letting me know the news and texted me pics of other options. In the end I went with our secondary color (yellow) instead of blue and thought it actually was better in the room! It was like a blessing in diguise.
3. I never looked my Fiance (now husband) in the eye during the ceremony or walking down the aisle. I didn’t want to cry! I just looked at all the people in the pews and looked at his forehead or would glance at him for about 1/8 of a second. I don’t think anybody noticed. Looking back its not the worst thing, but I never actually saw his reaction seeing me. Hope our photog captured that!
4. We had a wedding crasher. He was really really drunk and harassing guests. My husband and our “bulkiest” groomsman escorted him out of the room and the security took care of him.
5. They forgot to put out the “vendor table”. DOC was on top of that and found spots for all of them.
Overall I think my wedding was a great success! I get my pics next week so I am looking forward to sharing those with you all!