Post # 1
What are you doing while TTC to try and help the future health of your future child? 😉
Things I’m actively trying to do:
- been taking multivitamins since before Aug. (GYN said it’s just as good as prenatal because it gives me the same amount of folic acid among other things)
- limit my coffee intake to 1 cup a day
- trying really hard to cut down coke to one glass every couple days. really hard!
- drinking at least a glass of milk a day
- I barely drink much alcohol regardless so that’s not really an issue.
- Meal wise we are pretty healthy eaters already. tons of veggies, meats, fruits, etc. So no major change needed there.
- I really need to exercise more. I’m probably a tad underweight but by no means am I fit. I need to start taking more walks around the neighborhood. Yoga. Something!
I know it’s not the end of the world to do some of these things. But hey if we’re actively trying, why not?
What are some things you do?
Post # 3
When I was TTC I
– gave up alcohol 100%
– cut back to almost no caffeine
– started Pilates a few weeks prior
– above helped me lose a few pounds
– took PNV started 4 mos pre-TTC
– got a good physical, dental exam etc…found out I had some vitamin deficiencies that I was able to resolve before TTC, yay!
– I was also pretty paranoid and gave up some medicines, mostly advil…but did still take tylenol & saline nasal spray (instead of allergy meds), even during pregnancy, etc.
Post # 4
@regberadaisy: Those are all great things and I am doing/have done all of them. One thing I am really trying to work on too is getting adequate sleep and reducing stress levels. Stress is never good while TTC or pregnany but I can’t quite seem to figure this one out.
Post # 5
You sound like you’re on a good track. I di all of those plus i got some vaccinations that I needed (e.g., whooping cough, which is an epidemic in CA and can be fatal in infants). Check with your doctor.
Post # 6
Oh, and I forget which test it was, but my OB ran some bloodwork at my preconception visit to see if I was still immune to something…or if I needed to get the vaccine again.
Post # 7
@cannotwait: Varicella or AKA Chicken pox.
Post # 8
@MissGreen: They also would have tested for rubella (German measles). That’s a really big one.
Post # 9
I believe I’m good on the tests. Couple months ago I went in for a preconception visit and had them do bloodwork to see if I’m predisposed to any conditions based on race, ethnicity, etc. Everything was a-ok. 😀
I’m def paranoid on the meds as well. Try not to take meds unless I’m REALLY sick. I”ve been putting off getting my wisdom teeth pulled. But I’ve heard it’s not good to get dental work done when you’re pregnant. So I’ve got to schedule that ASAP.