Post # 62
He burps/farts WAY more often than I ever noticed before.
He is some OCD about some things, and not so much about others.
He gets motivated when I do, and expects me to be motivated when he is.
He will wear the same shorts/pants for a week or more before I finally tell him “Take those CRUSTY things off, and wash them!!”
He is amazing at helping me in the kitchen — he gets things ready for me before I cook a meal, and cleans up behind me while I cook.
He’s awesome at making the bed. WAY better than I am.
He makes me stop clenching my jaw at night when I am grinding my teeth, and never even wakes me up in the process. 🙂
Regardless, I love EVERYTHING about him, and wouldn’t change a THING!!! 😀
Post # 63
We moved in after staying with each other so I wasn’t too surprised, and what I was surprised about is that he does the majority of the housework! Amazing.
Post # 64
haha, I like this post. Let’s see…
he sleeps like the dead.
when he’s sick, he refuses to rest, drink fluids, take medicine, etc. and then whines when he doesn’t feel better.
he likes runny eggs.
he’s a Red Sox fan- a fact he strategically left out until after we were married! *smh*
Post # 65
we’re both slobs. Seriously. We live in a TIIIIIINY apartment, so it always looks messy because we have no storage, so that’s tough. Every once in awhile I’ll think UGH his stuff is EVERYWHERE! then I look around and realize it’s mostly my stuff….
I’m better about cleaning more often (liek the bathroom and the kitchen), but when he does clean he does a better job than I do (like the stove burners (yuck)).
We also have 2 gigantic asshole cats that make it really hard to be organized because they are constantly knocking everything off shelves/walls, and get cat hair everywhere.
Post # 66
Fiance and I have lived together for over three years – have been engaged for two.
Full disclosure – he really helps out A LOT. He is great at cleaning.
That being said, the cute on first – his freaking underwear and socks end up everywhere. In the most random places. Now, I DO blame the dogs. I think they get in the hamper and pull them out and hide them. Hilarious, nonetheless, to find boxer briefs tucked between couch cushions.
Also, towels are meant to be put up. They do not dry on the floor. They do not dry on the bed. GAH. This drives me BONKERS. BIG. FREAKING. PET. PEEVE.
I think I am developing a nervous twitch over towels.
Post # 67
We have lived together ever since getting engaged… and so far so good!
- I always cook, he always does the dishes (Works for me since I hate doing dishes) but he leaves them in the sink for hours before doing them.
- He wakes up early on Saturday morning and does our laundry while I sleep in
- He owns a ridiculous amount of clothing & shoes, hence a large amount of laundry
- He showers like 3-4 times a day, puts clothes in hamper after each
- Unloads the dishes without being asked
He is much more organized, while I’m much cleaner
- I clean the bathrooms at least twice week
- I vacuum and mop once a week
- I’m the one that’s always walking around naked
- I leave my towel all over the house
- I never put cleans clothes away, after laundry I put everything in a big basket and pick out my clothes from there (Hence the reason I buy everything wrinkle-proof)
Post # 69
Yes! I’m way messier than him and he is alway tidying up after me. But after awhile I realize I need to do some heavy duty cleaning (usually when my Mom is visiting) and it’s like he doesn’t know what to do!
Hello– missing the toilet. Seriously, how do you miss the toilet? And when you do miss the toilet, why, oh why, do you not have the urge to wipe it up?
Post # 70
I didn’t just learn these things about my Husband cuz we lived together for 1 year before we got married.
1. I can relate to what you wrote cuz my Husband is pretty messy too with things. I think that’s how most Men are (at least ones I’ve known). He just doesn’t care about keeping things clean as much which is annoying. At least my Husband is very good about doing the dishes, doing laundry, and taking out the trash though so he does his share of helping out around the apartment.
2. My Husband snores sometimes which is also very annoying and I will definitely wake him up if his snoring keeps me up.
3. He is pretty forgetful and usually needs reminders.
4. He generally needs a push from me to get motivated to get things done.
5. He rarely buys any new clothes. I had to go buy him new underwear and socks cuz the ones he had all had holes in them.
6. He has never (not even once) left the toliet seat up since we’ve been together.
7. He is a very light sleeper.
Post # 71
This is why I wanted to live with my hubby before we got married! Haha, he is messy, but he is getting better!
Post # 72
@parasol- my hubby does the same thing! wet towels on the floor of our bathroom. I had to explain that we bought a towel hook for the bathroom door for a reason (not to mention there are two towel hanger rack things in the bathroom already). *SMH* lol
Post # 73
SO and I are in a LDR at the time, but when we are together (approx 1 or two extended weekends per month)…boy do I learn a lot about his home-living-style…
I don’t know how he does it, but he makes the bathroom an absolute MESS and it grosses me out. The toilet ends up being nasty, the toilet seat is always up, the sink has toothpaste crusted on it, everything just becomes…what I would consider conditions that I cannot live in lol.
That being said, he has made a conscious effort to “clean up his act” so to speak. At least, during his last visit, I didn’t go absolutely insane…
Thank goodness when SO and I are married he will be moving out of his bachelor pad and we will be purchasing a home that we can start our lives together in…WITH HIRED CLEANERS!!! Lol
Post # 74
I have moved into a low-budget amusement park called Sock World. Some of the highlights of the property include socks, open cupboards, and some more socks. Come on down!
Post # 75
two words. MAJOR. flatulence.
seriously. what is it with men?
Post # 76
We’ve been livig together for about a year, and I can relate to so many of the things you all are saying!
He leaves paper everywhere! Bills, checks, letters, etc. He just dumps them all on the coffee table until they pile up and I have to make him sort through them. This is especially bad because all the utility bills are in his name (we split the cost), so he sends in the checks. But he doesn’t open the bills on time so they’ve been late a few times! Drives me crazy!
He also doesn’t eat leftovers. He will unload the dishwasher except for the Tupperware because he hates putting it away. He doesn’t dry dishes from the dishwasher and will put them in the cabinet when they’re still wet. He is good about doing laundry, but he never empties out his jean pockets before putting them in the washer! We have had chapstick, pens, money, etc. end up in the washer.
One other thing that he does that is actually kind of cute is he’ll get the wrong thing at the grocery all the time! He’ll go in to get shampoo and just grab a bottle, not realizing until he gets home that he actually got conditioner! The worst was when he meant to get canned spinach and got artichokes instead. He was so embarrassed, which I guess is why it’s so cute.