So I’ve been in a weeding 8 times, 5 times as a bridesmaid. Here are some of the things that ticked me off while being a maid.
1. Overly expensive dress, anything over 150 is just too much. I do it bbut then end up resenting them at least a little.
2. Makeing me order a size up becuase “I’ll gain weight over christmas”
3. Not trusting me to be able to complete my duties, especially if they’ve seen me be bridesmaid before.
4. Yelling at me to go up and do the choreographed dance and ruining a moment I was having with my niece. had been waiting on the wings for 2 hrs, and I had no indication on when she needed me, and all I needed was a minute. Instead she terrified the little one and took away the joy I had from practicing the dance.
5. Making me take pictures outside in the snow in nothing but a chiffon down and a fur wrap.
6. Having me get up at 7:30, to get our make up done at 9, hair at 10, and then sitting around in the hotel room from 11-2 waiting for the photographer. I was paranoid about touching my face, tired at night, and my skin was dry because I didn’t get to moisturize a second time.
7. Forcing me to get my hair and makeup done at a certain location that is really expensive. I’m having a hard time being around the bride who made me pay 175 dollars for my hair and make up, especially when the only thing they did that I couldn’t was false eyelashes. At least give your girls the option to do their opwn makeup
8 . Saying you’ll help pay for something (like the hair and makeup from step 8) and then not following through.
9. Keeping me at the head table/not respecting hat I need time to visit with guests too. With out of towners, they might not get to see some of the other guests for years after your event. Let them have time to say hey. By the time I was done with my Bridesmaid or Best Man duties, my grandfather (who is 90) had already gone to bed, and the bride didn’t let take any time inbetween to visit.