(Closed) Thinking about changing my wedding date – calling may/june 2014 brides!

posted 5 years ago in June 2014
Post # 3
1112 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

The only thing I’ve put money down for is the venue. But I’ve been searching for a bunch of stuff too. =]

Post # 4
43 posts
Newbee

@Coopsie:  I have the church booked, but not paid for yet. The reception hall we are using won’t let us book until exactly one year out, so I have a few months before that can happen. Because of that, I am a little worried about putting deposits down on anything else because my date is not set in stone yet. Other than that, just researching photographers and stalking weddingbee πŸ™‚

Post # 5
709 posts
Busy bee

@Coopsie:  I’ve toured exactly one venue. Lol. And googled a lot πŸ™‚ We’ll hopefully be putting down our deposit for the venue in the next few weeks. 

Post # 6
1044 posts
Bumble bee

I have my all inclusive venue booked.

photographer booked

my side of the bridal party is all notified- FH is lazy! Lol

Std’s bookmarked for a later date. We are planning on starting everything else up when we are a year out.

Post # 7
415 posts
Helper bee

Venue booked for reception/ceremony, officiant booked, photographer booked, dj booked, centerpeices (DIYs) items purchased, bridal party chosen, ordered my dress, Save-The-Date Cards are here to be sent in July/August.. moving right along πŸ™‚

Post # 8
139 posts
Blushing bee

I’m at a standstill until I can officially book the church. We aren’t allowed to book until a year before the wedding, so i have to wait until June to go talk to the church. I have the general idea of what I want, but being in school full time, and planning long distance makes it difficult.

Post # 9
60 posts
Worker bee

@Coopsie:  A couple of months ago (early March), my Fiance and I decided to have our wedding in June 2014.  Since then, we haven’t done anything official, just a lot of googling, talking about our wedding vision, and floating some ideas by friends.

I think if you want to change your wedding from August to May/June, you still have plenty of time to get everything done, but I’m a fan of a relaxed wedding-planning approach.  Some brides might tell you it will be a tight squeeze.  Personally, I say it’s more than doable.  Good luck! πŸ™‚

Post # 10
203 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I’ve booked the venue, the church,  bought the dress, booked my caterer, met with the florist and Fiance is taking care of the dj and the pastor.

I had all this done within a month of being engaged.  Lol.

Post # 11
1769 posts
Buzzing bee

I know that around here, planning a June wedding with a year’s notice is difficult, especially if you want a Saturday. It’s definitely possible, but you’ll have to be flexible.

We already have: photog, ceremony site, reception location (includes catering/bar/blah blah blah), DJ, DOC, my dress, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, and we’ll be booking a florist within the next couple of weeks.

The topic ‘Thinking about changing my wedding date – calling may/june 2014 brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors