(Closed) Thinking of canceling our venue for now

posted 5 years ago in Venue
Post # 3
537 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I’m sorry this is happening, maybe you can push back to an off season month? That’s what we are doing. One because its cheaper in Nov. as well as fall is my favorite season.  Maybe family and friends can help?

Post # 5
2475 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Check your contract with the venue.  The more you wait, the harder it will be to cancel and get any deposit back.

I’m not saying you have to do this, but if it were me, I wouldn’t feel comfortable setting a date for a wedding if I didn’t know I could save enough money for it.  I’d push it back.  OR suck it up and cut down to something much more basic, if I really feel that it must happen sooner rather than later.

Post # 6
1006 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think you should scrap the wedding ideas completely until you are financially stable, have stable jobs, and have an emergency cushion saved. And it should be done asap – pushing it til last minute is risky and irresponsible in my opinion. They also might be more likely to give your money back the farther out it is from the date, since they would have a greater chance of filling the spot. It’s tough but your stability and stress levels should be prioritized over a wedding.

Post # 7
2497 posts
Buzzing bee

@kgirl91:  +1.

OP: Even a small wedding would cost hundreds or thousands of dollars, money that could go toward tuition or rent. I don’t think it’s financially wise to plan a wedding while you’re both unemployed, so IMO it would be best to cancel the venue and wait.

The topic ‘Thinking of canceling our venue for now’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors