- 4 years ago
- Wedding: May 2015
I found 2 more bridal salons in my town that seemed to fit my taste and I had an appointment at each place this afternoon. I am happy to say that it was fantastic! I went by myself and I tried a lot of dresses that suited my taste and budget 🙂 I now have to many to choose from… isn’t that a good problem or what? I was able to take pictures in the first salon but not at the second one so here are my pictures and then model pictures of the gowns I liked the most. Let’s roll:
1. Theia, well within my budget with alterations. The picture is awful (my eyes?!) and it looks weird in my tummy area… I think I was not sucking it in! I would have to wear spanxs with it. The details is well showed on the model. It is stunning in the back!
2. Theia again. I think it is too “modest” because of the illusion lace neckline.
3. Theia again! The beading is beyond gorgeous. It looks art deco! While it is quite heavy it just sits well on my hips like it hugs me. It is more expensive, as you would imagine it.
4. Lis Simon “Erin”. I did not expected this one… I thought I wanted a sheath dress but my consultant wanted me to try this one because it is a trumpet/almost mermaid made of the fabric I like, chiffon. It is sooooo flattering! It gives me curves in the right places, makes me look slender while being not too structured and flowy! I had a moment with that one on!
Now to the second store!
5. Sarah Seven “Southern confort”. Super confortable, the color is like a golden ivory, more yellow than the other dresses I tried. The fabric is luxurious and it is very flattering even though it is a sheath.
Next are all Nicole Miller, and all within my price range:
6. Lauren. The lace is gorgeous, almost bateau neckline and the cut is super flattering.
7. Colette (my mom’s AND my mil’s name!!). It is 800$ as a sample… pretty tempting! The beading is very pretty but it cuts my tattoo in 2.
8. Dakota. Since I kind of liked the fit of the Lis Simon dress in the other store I asked to try one there too. This one as a beautiful pattern (pannels of fabric) so it looks plain white but its not. With a belt it is gorgeous and the fit remind me alot of Jessica Rabbit 🙂
Pfew! What do you think? Give me your honest opinion!
I am going back tomorrow to the same 2 salons with my mom to make a final decision. I think I like those dresses more than the Jenny Yoo Monarch I tried last week. My favorites are #1, #4 and #8. #1 as a very pretty back and train that I love, #4 was soooo flattering and surprising and #8 had that same fit but has a little “couture” feel that I loved.