- 6 years ago
- Wedding: January 2013
I proposed on boxing day, he said yes. He seemed happy enough, but didnt tell anyone, didnt want me to tell anyone, and didnt even mention what had happened for the next week. When i asked him what was going on we ended up having a huge discussion about how he felt pressured, wanted more time to make sure, and so on. I didnt want to wait for an unspecified length of time for an event that miggt never happen, so i broke off the engagement.
I was devastated. His response made me seriously question the entire relationship, and i felt awful thinking he wasnt as sure of me as i had been of him.
Shortly after he said he had thought about it and was now certain, and he would want to marry me after all. I was really happy but something didnt feel right still, so i waited to tell my family until he told his. This weekend he was supposed to see his people and tell them, but at the last minute decided not to go. He hasnt mentioned being engaged seince he asked me, freezes up if i mention it, etc.
He wants to talk about it this coming weekend.
At this point it looks bleak. I really cant handle another calloff, and if thats what it is, and he has backed out twice, i think it will be the end for us.