(Closed) This is $150. Think I can make it?

posted 8 years ago in DIY
Post # 3
1940 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

You could so make that! or if you don’t trust yourself go to etsy I am sure you could get it for under $50 custom made for you.

Post # 4
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

If you are even just a little bit crafty, you should be able to make that for probably less than $10.00.

Post # 5
1315 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

TBH, I bought the twin of it for 2 euro – ca $3? – in my local Primark. (really cheap clothes store.)

You can def make it, or find a perfectly good one waaaaay cheaper than that.

Post # 6
2588 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

It’s basically a fabric flower (which you can find online or in craft stores) with some feathers around it and some (probably fake) pearls in the middle. It should be easy to make.

Post # 7
2006 posts
Buzzing bee

Mrs. Espresso has an Etsy shop that sells hair flowers for MUCH cheaper.

Post # 8
1032 posts
Bumble bee

Sometimes craft stores like Michaels have free classes on making ribbon flowers. Maybe attend one and ask the teacher for help making the one you make in the class to look just like this!

Post # 9
461 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

It looks like all you need is a big silk flower, some feathers and hot glue. All of which can be found at any craft store!

Here’s a tutorial for organza flowers, it’s not exactly the same, but maybe will give you some ideas:

Organza Flowers

Post # 10
3866 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

yup, very much do-able.  There are LOTS of tutorials out there on how to make it.  Just google “fabric flower” or “diy fabric flower”.  There’s also some tutorials on youtube!!! 

Or, go the easier route and find a really good silk flower you like, some feathers (either from a craft store or online), and pearls.  And don’t forget the pin!!!

Post # 11
2496 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

OH my goodness!  Yeah, definitely check out Mrs. Espresso’s Etsy shop, or try to find stuff at Michael’s and DIY.  $150 for that??  Nope don’t pay it! 🙂

Post # 12
713 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

i made mine really easily. I just took a fake flower, pulled it apart, and then sewed it back together again. I layered bits of lace from my mom’s dress in between for more texture and then sewed some swarovski into the center…   It took very little time, just pull apart a flower and start playing around with it.

Post # 13
809 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I say make it.. I made this one for about $10 and it has a “brooch” in the center

I bought a flower cut it all apart sewed it back together with transparent thread. Used some Tulle and cut it into petal shape and singed the edges with a lighter to give it a finished look and curl it up a bit. Hot glued the feathers in, hot glued the brooch in, and finished it off by hot glueing two small pin curl clips to the back.. You could do the same with the badge style pins easily found in any craft department

It took me a couple of hours  start to finish to get it just how i wanted but well worth it

The topic ‘This is $150. Think I can make it?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors