(Closed) This is a $25,000.00 dress … omg …

posted 12 years ago in Dress
Post # 77
35 posts
Newbee

Just a reminder in reference to the black and white dress–runway is a whole different ballgame.  Many of the gowns that go down the runway aren’t actually for sale.  It’s fashion more than business, and the dresses are meant to push the envelope, not to sell to actual brides. 

I believe Fofie from SYTTD was from a Greek family.  Maybe her name is Greek?

Post # 78
Bee
5113 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2009 - Barr Mansion

That Pnina dress is hideous!  The first dress is really pretty, but I wonder what the bottom looks like.

Post # 79
15 posts
Newbee

The last dress was completley hideous and could only be dreamt up by the imagination of a 16 year old with tons of cash to blow. Its definitely does not reflect the amount of money that went into it.

Post # 80
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

blegh…totally nasty.

My friend had a crazy expensive dress issue…the first bridal shop we went into, she found ONE dress she liked…it was really simple, kinda criss cross on the chest, no beading empire waist…very elegant and sophisticated…it cost $37,000!!!!  I thought the lady made a mistake, and I said “oh, $3,700?” and she said, “Oh no, its $37,000, its all hand made”…Woah…I dont care if its been made by mice, no dress is worth more than my university education! haha…was a funny experience nonetheless.

Post # 81
494 posts
Helper bee

If I buy a 25K dress, it better honk and come with A/C and 4 wheel drive. 

Anyway, the first dress is pretty, but notice how the model has her arm draped over her hip?  Not even she can pull off the circles around her hips.  Pnina Tornai is not my favorite designer, I don’t really like the idea of wearing a dress with a see-through bodice on my wedding day. And I saw that episode of Say Yes to the Dress  w/Fofie.  Gotta love my Greeks, they talked that 25K dress down to like half!

Post # 82
93 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

When I was shopping for a dress, I was at a shop where most of the dresses were in the $2-5k range.  I picked out this dress to try on and afterwards, as I was taking it off, the woman mentioned it was the most expensive dress they had in the store.  Based on the range of most of the dresses, I thought that must mean this one would be maybe ~$10k or so……

$35,000

I was just a wee bit off.

It’s definitely gorgeous though.

[attachment=527648,69412]

Post # 83
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

this is a three million dollar bra. in the same ridiculous category

http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/7/c/6/c/10.jpg

Post # 84
2304 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

i dont think its worth that AT ALL! I don’t even think its very pretty!

Post # 85
1038 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I actually really dig that dress.  Not for 25k though.

Post # 86
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I have a Pnina dress for sale that looks just like this 25K dress but I am asking 3000 obo if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Robin

Post # 87
805 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Holy crap I hope the whole darned thing is woven by blind butterflies or something.

The topic ‘This is a $25,000.00 dress … omg …’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors