(Closed) This is supposedly a 7 mm 1.25ct stone…Need comparison pics and opinions.

posted 5 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Does this look like it's a 7mm center stone?
    I am certain that is not 7mm. : (17 votes)
    26 %
    It may be. I'm not sure. : (22 votes)
    33 %
    Yes, that looks right. : (27 votes)
    41 %
  • Post # 4
    249 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

Why don’t you just measure it?? Just take a ruler or a measuring tape and you use the smallest lines on there. Those are mm.

Also, since you asked, and since I happen to have a 7mm stone in my e-ring… here ya go! Mine is a cushion cut, so it will look a little different from yours. mine is a size 5.

Let us know if it turns out to be a 7mm when you measure it! 😉

Post # 5
    252 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Ya that Looks small IMO, def not 7 mm

Post # 8
    2425 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

@bunnyharriet:  then measure it in inches and use an online converter to convert it to mm! Google will do that itself actually

Post # 9
    14403 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

Mine is like 6.93mm, size 4.5.  That one looks pretty close.

Post # 10
    79 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I agree that seems a little small. My diamond is a little less than 1.5 carat (1.48 I think?) and from what I recall it is 7.2 mm or something like that. My finger is 5.5  I wouldnt be shocked if the eBay measurements were a little off!

Post # 11
    10714 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2012

It could just be an illusion because it’s a darker stone. I do see what you mean though questioning it being 1.25… It’s very pretty though! =)

Post # 12
    1828 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

Carat size is not just dependent on the measurement but the cut of the stone as well. It could be a deeper cut stone which would mean that more of the stone is in the point leaving less for the face of it.

Post # 13
    1622 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

If you want to get a realistic idea of what different sized stones will look like on your finger, there are sites that have printable guides. Moissaniteco.com has a downloadable stone size chart, just as an example. (not saying you want moissanite, but it will give you carat equivilents)

Post # 16
    1856 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

I’m pretty sure it is the size advertised. My stone is 7 or 8mm and 1.5 ct and it looks about like that.

The topic ‘This is supposedly a 7 mm 1.25ct stone…Need comparison pics and opinions.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors