Post # 1
Read a story online earlier about a limo that caught fire, and it killed 5 of the 9 women that had been using it for a bachelorette party…..
This just broke my heart!! I can’t imagine what those families are going through right now. 🙁
And I kinda don’t want to rent a limo now………………………not that I was going to, but now it’s more like hell no. 🙁
Post # 3
@Sweet_Tea: Oh my word. 🙁 My heart goes out to their families. What a truly horrific tragedy. I hope they are able to parse out all of the details and help bring some closure to all involved.
Post # 4
- Wedding: April 2014 - Italian Villa
@Sweet_Tea: I find it especially odd that the fire started at the back of the limo- do limos keep their engines in the back?
Post # 6
@Sweet_Tea: I heard about this on NPR this morning. This is just so horrible and sad. I really want to know why this happened. How many of us have been in limos for bachelorettes or weddings?!?!
Post # 7
@mrshunnybunches: I’ve been in limos a few times, most recently for my mother’s last wedding. I’m still thinking I don’t wanna go near a limo anytime soon.
@gingerkitten: I think they keep an extra battery in the back for more power, but not sure of the details or mechanics of it.
@MlleFabuleux: I hope they get it resolved soon too. My heart is aching for those families, and the groom especially! 🙁
Post # 8
@Sweet_Tea: I read about that too. One of the ladies who died was the bride to be. I can’t imagine what her FH is going through.
Post # 9
@gingerkitten: I also read a few comments, and someone in the comments mentioned a fire in the back could start from failed electrical wiring or wiring that’s been repaired too many times.
I can’t imagine what these women went through. The panic, the pain, and now the heartbreak and guilt of those who survived to know that their friends are dead. Such an imaginable sad story.
Post # 10
@Sweet_Tea: I saw this on the news yesterday. So tragic – burning to death is probably one of the worst ways to die in my book.
Post # 11
Most likely they passed out from smoke inhalation before being burned. That’s how death happens in 90% of fires. On the news tonight it said those that died were huddled together in the back. I wonder if they were drinking those shots with the flame on top of the alcohol or someone was smoking and the interior caught fire.
what if it was a fellow bee??
i feel awful for the families!
Post # 12
@Sweet_Tea: OMG I totally saw that on the news, It happened on the same night I had my bachelorette party =(
Post # 13
That was such a terrible story to read, I feel terrible for everyone involved.
I read that it could have possibly been an electric fire in the very back, the girls that died could have moved forward to avoid the fire, but unfortunatly that put them far from the doors. To have had any chance to get out, they would have gone closer to the fire.