- 8 years ago
- Wedding: June 2011
So, I know that typically the bride isn’t supposed to “pick out” a dress for her mother, and that is not what I am trying to do here. I just want to say that up front.
That being said- My mother HATES shopping. Every other MOB dress she has purchased was bought last minute, and she usually ends up paying more because she doesn’t take the time to do any research first.
So, I am attempting to help her by hunting down styles online that I think she will like, that way when she does finally get around to going to a store, she will know what is there already and will possibly find a better deal.
That being said… she has been pretty specific about what she is looking for:
- Preferably chiffon (the BMs are also wearing chiffon dresses, so this is fine)
- Sleeves, but not a tight sleeve, so basically she wants a flutter sleeve
- NO JACKET (I don’t quite get this, but for some reason she feels like if she wears a jacket and gets hot, she can’t take it off. I don’t understand how a lightweight chiffon jacket would be different than a chiffon dress with sleeves, but it is to her.)
- It cannot show any fat rolls at all. It cannot be belted, and preferably not fitted in the waist at all, as this shows her stomach and makes her self conscious.
- She would prefer something longer, at least tea-length, as she doesn’t like her legs. If she finds something shorter, she plans to wear panty hose.
- As cheap as possible. Preferably not over $150, and definitely not over $200. Honestly, if she could find a dress for less than $50, that would be ideal for her.