(Closed) those of you who are getting married 10-6-2012.,………

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
3170 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

We are doing an outdoor ceremony and just praying it doesnt rain or get cold. Last october was pretty nice though so i’m counting on the same. I figure, you can’t plan anything in kansas with weather so if an outdoor wedding is my dream, I have to take that chance.

Post # 5
407 posts
Helper bee

We are having an outdoor ceremony, but the reception will be indoors. I am praying the weather is nice. The wedding will be in North Carolina so I don’t think it will be too cold.

Post # 6
9482 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I’m getting married a week after all of you, but I’m having a wedding in Future In-Laws backyard.  I sure do hope that there’ll be no rain involved, but I guess it doesn’t matter what month it is because you could face any sort of weather.  Here’s to hoping for the best for all of us!

Post # 7
133 posts
Blushing bee

We are getting married in a church so indoor for the ceremony. As for the reception, it’s on a boat and can work both inside and outside. I’m hoping for nice wether but since we live in Seattle…you never know.

Post # 8
212 posts
Helper bee

We are getting married outdoor for the ceremony and the reception will be inside….praying and crossing our finger and toes!!

Post # 9
595 posts
Busy bee

We are getting married on the 11th on the beach.  We are not changing anything.  In the event of rain on that day, we may have to use a pavillion at the reception site, but that’s it.  We really want to get married on the beach and rain will be the only thing that might stop us.

Post # 10
51 posts
Worker bee

We are doing an outdoor ceremony… also keeping all extremeties crossed for a beautiful day in upstate New York that day!

Post # 11
516 posts
Busy bee

Well, what a quinkie-dink. We are date twins, state twins, and we’re both having outdoor ceremonies! LOL!

Yes. I am nervous. And yes, I think we are both brave lol. But like you said, who knows with Michigan. You could’ve chose the middle of April and ended up with snow. And the way our summer has been going so far, I am less and less worried about it being too cold.(and more worried about it being too hot)

Our venue was encouraging us to go with the end of September but I really wanted October. So I compromised and did the first week thinking, like you, it’s only one week in, how bad can it get in a week?!

I checked the farmers almanac before choosing our date and went back like 10 years and I think it was normally in the mid to high 60’s on our weekend so hopefully this year won’t be any different.

I did put on our wedding website though to “dress accordingly” πŸ˜‰

Post # 12
177 posts
Blushing bee

We’re getting married in New Orleans and thank GOD October is their driest month, haha. Courtyard ceremony πŸ™‚

Post # 14
1284 posts
Bumble bee

Our ceremony is outside and our reception inside. I am a tad worried about the weather too. I’m just north of Atlanta and we can have some freak hot days in October (and every other month, really). And… of course… there is always the fear of rain!

The topic ‘those of you who are getting married 10-6-2012.,………’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors