Post # 1
I am getting to the point where a LOT of time is spent on wedding projects, but I was really productive today! So here is the forum to recap what you did and to be proud of yourself!
- finished painting our personalized aisle runner
- designed the labels for our Out of Town bags
- created the picture/sign of our “guest book attendant” – our dog!
- ordered the groomsman gifts
- finished DIYing the wrap job for the Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts (handpainted each girl’s name and really customized the wrapping as well).
- printed the covers for our programs
- boxed and catalogued more completed projects (I am boxing up decor and creating a list of what is each box and where it goes – up to box 11!)
- organized the in-progress projects – I have a dining table again!
All in all, a successful day! Feeling good…
Post # 3
All I did was order a few things I needed for DIY projects but I do need to start working on my way too long list lol…
Post # 4
I also felt accomplished today 😀
I managed to:
- Order my bridal party mugs and centerpiece vases.
- Order my glass marker paint for those glass pieces.
- Ordered my card stock and envelopes (completely DIY).
- Deigned my programs, invitations and RSVPs in Word, printed them out numerous times and tweeked the design… now ready to print!
Thankfully, my loving Fiance took our son for a ride this afternoon so I could have “mommy” time, or should i say “BRIDE” time? LOL
Post # 5
I love seeing lists of things accomplished by other brides. Nice to see I’m not the only one slaving away with a glue gun/laptop stuck to my fingers!
Today was a slow day for me. I bought a vase at Michael’s for 40% off than packed it away in the correct box.
I too am using clear plastic boxes for all my DIY stuff but I put a plastic sheet protector for each box taped to the lid and they are labeled with what is inside, how many items, how many boxes i.e. Round Table Centerpieces Box 1 of 2 instructions on assembly and a photo of how it should look. A little anal? Maybe.
Post # 6
Oops! Gotta add to my above list–just purchased my bridesmaids’ canvas totes. I’m also DIYing them with their names in hot pink and their role in the wedding party.
If you gals are looking to do the same thing (it’s a great idea to give to them at the rehearsal… I’m putting their jewelry inside as well as day-of things they may need in a baggy–such as tissues, gum, a candy bar, etc) I found a great site after literally HOURS of looking. http://www.cheaptotes.com is the site. Ordered 11 canvas totes and paid a little under $30 including shipping.
Post # 7
I’ve been making fabric flowers to use as escort cards so I made about a dozen more today and drilled holes, sanded and put one coat of chalkboard paint on our “bride” and “groom” chair signs.
I also went to the art supply store and bought a dip pen and white ink for addressing our invitations but haven’t had much luck with it yet. I was hoping that it would look nicer than my white gel pens but it really doesn’t. I don’t know if I need better ink or what.
Post # 8
Well, this past weekend was my last weekend of working on DIY wedding projects as the big day is next Saturday. I did pretty much finish up my guestbook, which really isn’t a book at all, but wedding wishes that I will later scrapbook. I am going to have guests put them in a mailbox so they are “sending” us wedding wishes. i painted the last name on the mailbox and it says Est. 10-1-2011.Still need to touch up on that.
So pretty much that takes care of my DIY projects. I did spend a lot of time folding tissue paper and making flowers out of it for my wreath centerpieces, so that took a lot of my time on weekends.
Good Luck to all of you in your projects!
Post # 9
This weekend, I got to:
Make my first trial hair flower
Finish my thumbprint peacock guest book
Order some gifts for the bridal party
Begin making tags for my wedding bells
Ahh! I need to get in gear!
Post # 10
I worked on invitations yesterday. We’ll finish them eventually… Maybe….
Post # 11
Having always been a big crafter, I love having a specific event to focus my efforts on. Recently bought a house and having a dedicated craft room & office makes these projects so much easier!
This weekend, I worked on the following projects:
– Satin flower corsages for my mom, Future Mother-In-Law, my grandmother and my Future Sister-In-Law.
– Satin flower headbands for flower girls.
– Cut and pasted envelope liners with scrapbook paper to ‘beef up’ the inexpensive invitations I bought at Micheals.
– Beginning to put together my brooch bouquet. Trying to figure out how to make it look more cohesive.
I got a sewing machine for my bday last month and I’m going to be spending this week trying to get more familiar with it. It’s been a while since 7th grade sewing class…