(Closed) Those who spent 100-600 on your wedding dress,

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 15
3243 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

View original reply
BeeinKentucky:  I found mine online about a month after we got engaged (I never went to try any on, just looked online). It was $150 plus $325 in alterations (Picture before alterations)  

Post # 16
1073 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I got mine at DB for $450 and it’s $399 now! I knew I wanted a tea langth dress, but thought I wanted a custom one from Etsy. Went to DB with Mother-In-Law for fun, realized that sleeves were not going to work for me, and after I went back a few more times, I realized that they had the dress that was the closest to what I wanted: tea length, lace, and polka dots (it was swiss dot). Had it shortened, bought a peticoat and a belt, and people thought the dress was custom! 

I also agree that sample sales, dresses that are not specifically for weddings, preowned online, preowned boutique or even a thrift shop are all great options! 

It’s super helpful to go to a place like DB that has a ton of styles and samples that fit real people to try on for style and shape, even if you buy elswhere. 

Here is my dress! 
10557105_672563062876078_2385555413841097771_o

Post # 17
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2016

I got mine from DB for around 500 after taxes. Luckily it doesn’t have to be altered.

Post # 18
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

$350 from a consignment shop! Great place to check out!!

Post # 19
7440 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Your title says $600, the post is $300 so I am confused. My was a Mori Lee sample that was 50% off, ended up at $311 and I recieved it in a week (had to be shipped). It was from bridalexpressions.com. Just looked to be sure I had the right website and Bonus! They are having a 50% off sale right now! Check out sample sales. 

Mine

Post # 20
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Post # 21
10393 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
ads2016:  

Oh no,  don’t get anything else,   just wear  that gorgeous dress in which you look wonderful!!!

Post # 22
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Don’t you want to custom make one? I’m custom making one, with removable skirt (ball gown skirt changing to a mermaid one what’s underneath) a floor lenght veil, and a heavy beaded belt I was quoted at $526 for all of it including shipping.. They accepted my measurements, and I asked for a corset back, not a zipper so hopefully I don’t need alterations.. 

Post # 23
523 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

View original reply
leekissesme:  i have search David’s bridal online for this and can’t find it, do you have a link?!?

Post # 24
1463 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

At $750 I paid more than your post is requesting info for, but I nonethess will suggest that in addition to DB you should check out samll, local bridal shops  – not the fancy ones that pride themselves on high end name brands, but the smaller, maybe single owner shops that may sell brands you’ve never heard, but are still very decent quality.  You can find some great deals there, on dresses that are perhaps a little different, and I believe better quality, than what you find at DB.

Post # 25
12264 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I don’t think they do it anymore, but I got it from Filenes basement Running of the brides event.  $250 for the dress and $130 for alterations.

dress1

Post # 26
926 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

View original reply
BeeinKentucky:  My dress only cost me about $580.  I still had to do alterations and that probably brought it up to close to $1,000 but it was worth it.  I went to an outlet store here in Houston called Impressions Bridal.  I wasn’t thinking about buying a dress that day but I found the one I liked.  Then again I didn’t dream about my wedding since I was a child.  I pretty much started thinking about my wedding the day I got engaged. So it worked out for me.  Sorry I don’t have a picture now but it was very simple and elegant. 

Post # 27
1157 posts
Bumble bee

My whole outfit cost about $300. Petticoat, veil etc. Bought it online made-to-measure. 

Post # 29
2202 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Wynn Las Vegas

My dress was about $500 in the DB sale. Vera! I tried about 4 on that day…I was on a tight schedule to pick one because my wedding was coming up quick. 

The topic ‘Those who spent 100-600 on your wedding dress,’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors