(Closed) Those who spent 100-600 on your wedding dress,

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 30
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2016

Got my dress at Bridal Wearhouse for $340 on sale. It cost another $140 for alterations but that’s another nightmare story all on its own. 

Post # 31
539 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

Mine was from DB, it was on sale for $499 but out the door with all accessories was $1004

Post # 33
2168 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
BeeinKentucky:  Actual time with actual dress – I walked in, browsed and bought it within one hour.

However, it took me a few months and a few misses and purchases and returns to get to that day! lol My dress was off the rack for $400 a satin trumpet strapless dress (side note – alterations cost me just as much as the dress!)

Post # 34
315 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
BeeinKentucky:  I didn’t get mine from David’s Bridal, but the shop where I got mine was having a sample sale the day I went to try on dresses. I was lucky in that the consultant I was working with encouraged me to pick through the sample sale gowns before going anywhere else. It’s a lace gown with a small asymmetrical gather on one hip and was $305 including cleaning and a garment bag.

It’s going to require a lot of alterations, as it’s a bit big on me, but I’m happy with it. Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures because I’m hiding from Fiance and I don’t want him to accidentally stumble over it on my phone!

Post # 35
196 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

I got mine off Tradesy. If you’re open to the idea of secondhand dresses you can save a bundle by buying used. Oftentimes if you find a seller close to your same weight and height it’ll cut down on alterations too. I got a Vera Wang fern dress for $580. The seller was even nice enough to throw in a petticoat. 

Post # 36
2417 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I bought the sample of a discontinued Maggie Sottero dress for $399, so it was $450 after taxes and I needed about $150 or $160 in alterations. 

Post # 37
Bee
279 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012 - El Faro Convention center, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

dsc02688_0153

My dress was custom-made by a local designer from my small town for $600

Post # 38
1319 posts
Bumble bee

I got mine made from an online shop, it was $200. Took 3 weeks

Post # 39
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

Consignment, consignment, consignment! I traveled to bridal consignment stores and stalked sites like Tradesy, OnceWed, and eBay. There are some GREAT bargains out there to be found! I ended up getting my dress from David’s Bridal on sale.

The “Under $100″‘ Dresses I tried on…

The “Under 200” dress

And my favorite, the $380

My rule that I felt helped the most was that I refused to try on any dresses outside of my budget. I felt like it would be demoralizing. Good luck saying YES to your dress!

Post # 40
3945 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

10819028_10152946881528200_334433764_n1

Here’s mine! It’s from ModCloth, their Gilded Grace dress. It was originally $140, but I got it on sale for $100 with free shipping. Alterations were $40.

Post # 41
222 posts
Helper bee

I went to a local bridal salon to try on gowns, and they just so happended to have a sample sale at the time.  Many of the samples gowns were 50-70% off.  I went in expecting to special order a gown for around 1-2K, but fell in love with a sample that was only $300 (regular price was $1K).  It fit perfectly with no alterations required – it was an awesome deal!  Ended up buying it at the one and only salon that I visited, on the first day I went shopping.  I still poke fun at DH that he spent way more on his outfit 🙂

Post # 42
178 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I spent $350 on mine a loved it! I bought it online after falling in love with it.

Post # 43
1 posts
Wannabee

Bought my wedding dress today for 108 dollars 🙂

its vintage inspired from from an amazing boutique called 1861

i went in thinking I would be a short ballerina style but ended up falling in love with this one

i love that I can wear it barefoot and that it has a nice balance of sexy/elegance 

Post # 44
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - The Lodge at Little Seneca Creek

I went to a bridal salon to get an idea of dress styles I liked. I really liked a particular style but couldn’t afford to pay $1,300 for a dress. So I searched Tradesy (and a few other similar websites) and found the perfect dress for me for $200! Alterations are going tobe $300, so altogether, my dress was only $500.

UntitledIMG_1365

Post # 45
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2018

I don’t have a dress *yet* but I’ve been looking a lot at styles I like and then seeing what they go for on pre-owned wedding dress sites. If wedding dresses consistently need alterations anyway, I don’t see why I should buy a brand new one.

The topic ‘Those who spent 100-600 on your wedding dress,’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors