No, Never : (160 votes)
    68 %
    Occasionally : (51 votes)
    22 %
  • Post # 3
    14494 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

I can’t do it personally, but I have no issues with it becoming legal.  I do have conditions on it:

• Must meet the full riggers of the FDA
    • There MUST be an instant test for it just like for alcohol

The FH works a dangerous job that can only be made to be more dangerous if someone is under the influence, especially if they are working at a nuke plant.  If there is an accident, I want to know if they were under the influence when it happened. 

Post # 5
    14494 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

I agree with you about the age limits and repercussions.  I also think (I will get absolutely fried for saying this) that the age limit should be higher, maybe 25, but I will leave that up to the scientist.  The brain is still developing into the 20’s and neural pathways are changed when THC is introduced.  Discovery Channel did a whole series on developing neural pathways that changed my views on alot of things.  I think anyone planning on having kids should look it up and watch it, very enlighting.

Post # 6
    7695 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2010

Yes, I do and I think it should be legalized. I will write more later. 🙂

Post # 7
    5106 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

I have in the past… I don’t currently.  But I definitely don’t knock anyone who does. There are so many reasons for this. But basically I’m tired of the old mom and pop, big bad world, “pot is the gate-way drug” hooplah. I’ve never ventured farther. How about “pot is a MAJOR cash crop, and could do wonders for the states”??!?! Not to mention medicinal uses, not only in cancer patients and the terminally ill, but how about anxiety, and ADD/ADHD sufferers???

The growing, distribution, and use of pot will never be stopped. NEVER. So why not stop wasting time and tax-payers money…legalize it and turn a damn profit already!

I do agree regualtions need to be in place, as with anything.

Just throwing these few tid-bits out there. I’ll come back later. Going to bed now…nighty night 🙂

Post # 8
    11325 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

I don’t but I do think it should be legalized. 

Post # 9
    3601 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 1992

I don’t do it, but I probably would if it were legalized.

Post # 10
    1730 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2016

Just as a thought – why is it becoming more and more prevalent to dislike and try to stop cigarette smoking, while at the same time there is a push to leglize pot smoking?  I personally don’t like ANY smoking around me as I have bad allergies, and can’t stand the smell of much other than pipe tobacco.  My encouters with pot have been second hand with neighbors blowing it around their apartment (and onto their infant) and people who have brought it into public places hoping to pass it off as a cigarette – either way, it smells pretty yucky to me.

I’m a little less worried about being on the road with a cigarette smoker than a pot smoker, and since all laws can only be applied AFTER a violation takes place, I am personally not comfortable with that thought.  I mean, we can’t stop people from drinking and driving until AFTER they’ve already caused propoerty damage and/or killed someone… so the same would apply to pot smokers who decide to drive to get that pack of chips for the munchies and/or handle machinery at work.

I’ve had this concern countered with a comment of, “pot smoking doesn’t really affect you,” but if that’s true, why would people do it? 

Post # 11
    2204 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

What if the government regulated it and then taxed it like cigarettes? Can we say….what national debt?

Post # 12
    6351 posts
    Bee Keeper

It’s not legal but it’s not illegal either here.

Post # 13
    6394 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

@PinkPinstripes: Love it :).

I don’t do it for a variety of reasons: I have asthma, it’s illegal and I’m not even that interested. I don’t judge people who do it occasionally, but I honestly do judge pot heads, especially those I went to college with who were spending $25k a year on private schooling and spent all their time smoking pot. In the interest of equality, lol, I judged the people who were flunking because they were too interested in drinking/partying to study, too!

If it was legalized, I think it wouldn’t change that much, except raise tax revenue. I agree that it should be 25+ for brain development purposes :).

Post # 14
    1135 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2009

I never have and I never will, but I absolutely think it should be legalized.  And then we should tax the crap out of it.  

Post # 15
    1227 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I don’t do it myself. I don’t know how I feel about legalization.  I think the money it could generate would be great. And yeah, maybe more people would do it if it was legal, but there are plenty of people who already do smoke pot, and having it be illegal doesn’t stop them from doing it.

I don’t, however, think that you can compare legalizing pot in the US to the situation in Amsterdam. Our culture is very different from theirs, and I don’t think it would work out in the same way it has for them.

Post # 16
    170 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Yes, and legalize it.

The topic ‘Thoughts on 4:20??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors