(Closed) Thoughts on July 6, 2013? Need help!

posted 6 years ago in July 2013
Post # 3
3968 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

A friend of mine got married on July 5 and it was by no means anything red white and blue! I wouldn’t worry about that part 🙂

Post # 4
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

We got married on Thanksgiving weekend and there were zero problems!  It worked out great!

Post # 5
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

My Fiance and I will be signing the contract for 7/6/13 this Friday!  I have no intentions of doing red, white and blue and it will not be a casual affair.  Plus, we will be having lots of guests travelling in for the wedding and we’ve only gotten positive feedback for allowing extra travel time on either end.  

Post # 6
967 posts
Busy bee

My date is july 6, 2013!  Mind you I’m in Canada, but we do have Canada day on july 1st….

I think july 6th would be great for you!

Post # 7
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I am getting married July 6, 2012 and picked the date because it was close to the holiday so that people that had to travel would most likely already have the time off of work.  Definetly not doing anything 4th of July related either.  Go for it!

Post # 8
305 posts
Helper bee

@mungbean84:  I am July 7th, 2012!!!  I think its a great time of year because people are in the celebrating mood already, and I am not doing any red, white or blue colors either!!

Post # 9
12 posts
Newbee

I’m getting married 7/6/13 as well!! We picked July because we met right around July 4th and we’re getting married in the town where my fiance’s family goes every year for July 4th! It’s a mountain town as well, which will be really nice because while it’s 100+ degrees in most of southern CA, we’ll be enjoying the perfect whether in the mountains only 45 minutes from where we live!

I think getting married around a holiday is smart. More people can take time off and turn it into a mini-vacation and the celebration lasts longer than just 1 day! Also, depending on where you get married, there will already be activities planned around the holiday for your guests to participate in if they want which will take stress off of you to plan events leading up to the wedding.

Post # 10
95 posts
Worker bee

We are actually getting married on the fourth this year and there is nothing about our wedding that is patriotic. It worked out perfect as many of our family members get the day off from work (it’s a wednesday this year so everything was super cheap). Fiance will never forget our anniversary (though he is better about dates than I am!!!) And we will have the best opportunity to get a long weekend around our anniversary each year, and FIREWORKS on our anniversary each year. I think it’s awesome to be getting married on a holiday. We gave people over a year’s notice so that if they normally do something on July 4th they could choose (vacations, etc) and we figured the people who really want to be there will come.  So I would say GO for it!

Post # 11
6 posts
Newbee

I’m getting married July 4, 2013 (Since a rabbi is officiating our wedding, we couldn’t do a Friday or Saturday and I thought a holiday weekend would be easier for guests than a Sunday since so many people are coming from out of town). I agree with everything luckyduckinlove said 🙂

I’m planning out Save the Dates ASAP so people can either make plans to come with lots of lead time, or alternatively let us know they aren’t.

Post # 12
23 posts
Newbee

I’m having the same dilemma (and in the DC area also)! We’re thinking about that Friday, July 5. After a lot of thought, I think the pros are outweighing the cons. There are obvious budget perks for a Friday in July vs. the Saturday in June we were considering before. And you’re right, DC is a fun area for people to visit for 4th of July, and they’ll be able to take advantage of the time off work to travel. The hotel we’re leaning towards for our venue offers the same group rate for guest rooms that weekend as usual, so that’s good.

I say go for it! I’d suggest sending out save the dates a earlier than usual – that’s my plan, anway.

Oh, and another perk that occurred to me is ease of celebrating future anniversaries. 🙂 It will always land around the holiday so you’ll be able to have a built-in day off to celebrate!

Post # 13
581 posts
Busy bee

We are also doing July 6, 2013. I checked with a few select family and out of town guests to see if that date would in particular hinder someone from coming, and no one said it would. I think my family will use it as an excuse to plan a reunion actually. Our wedding will be formal and also outside. 

Post # 14
88 posts
Worker bee

I will also be getting married on July 6, 2013. It will be a formal event taking place at a Yacht Club and TRUST ME, no red white or blue is involved anywhere! We are planning on sending out our Save the Dates a month or so earlier than the norm just because it is a “holiday weekend”.

Post # 15
24 posts
Newbee

We chose July 6, 2013 as well and there will be no red, white, or blue. We chose sage green and light pink actually. My finance’s family is mostly from out of town so they actually prefer this date. They will only have to take one or two days off of work to come to the wedding seeing that they all ready have the 4th off.

Post # 16
526 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I am a July 6th bride too and very excited! Just started the “official” date twin thread for our date so feel free to post there!

The topic ‘Thoughts on July 6, 2013? Need help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors