(Closed) Thoughts on July 6, 2013? Need help!

posted 9 years ago in July 2013
Post # 17
2776 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

We were thinking of doing that date too because we have to travel and it would allow us the most time off.  Now that I see all these posts I think I’m good with going for it. No red white and blue but the reception will be a bit informal.  I am excited about it and hope we can pull it all off.  We have no worries about the venue though since we have two free ones, my mom’s house and my grandmother’s church.  But I will have to worry about renting stuff to do it at my mom’s house so I will hop on that sooner rather than later.

Post # 18
27 posts
Newbee

@mungbean84:  

Hey there…

i went ahead and chose Saturday, July 6, 2013 as my wedding date…so we could be wedding day buddies.

Any how…I think you should just get married on the day that you want to get married.  Those who want/can be there will be there and those who cant wont…and as disappointing as that would be you are never going to get a date that will work for everybody…so go for the date that will make you and your FH happy…and it sounds like it should be sooner rather than later ๐Ÿ™‚ 

It is my hope for my wedding week that those who want to come in from out of town early will join us for 4th of July festivities.  And then we can enjoy each other for the rest of the weekend ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Hope that helped ๐Ÿ™‚ 

KD <>< ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 19
289 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@bsig:  hi date twin!

View original reply
@mungbean84:  yes I think there are many pros to getting married on a holiday weekend, especially for out of town guests.  But ultimately, I believe you should get married on whatever day makes the most sense to YOU.  The people that love you and care about you will be there no matter what day you get married

Post # 20
900 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013 - Rock Hill Country Club, Manorville NY

We’re getting married July 6, 2013 as well.

We don’t have a red white and blue theme (maybe red and seafoam green…). We have a lot of out of town guests who appreciate that there is a long weekend for traveling. I am also getting married near the Hamptons and a lot of our guests will be renting a beach house for the week before or after the wedding. An added bonus is that in this area, there will be a lot of fireworks visible from our venue. Also, the weather is usually good in early July.

The topic ‘Thoughts on July 6, 2013? Need help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors