Post # 1
I chose my date cause I imagined a beautiful and spring breeze location with falling cherry blossoms and velvety new grass. But now the forecast says it will be 8 hours of thunderstorms.
WE thought if it rained, we would have everyone hold umbrellas, but this is the FIRST time I EVER thought it may LIGHTNING… what do we do???
We are getting married at the jefferson memorial in DC 30 people but we aren’t allowed to put up a tent and if we move it, we don’t get the JEFFERSON MEMORIAL????
Post # 3
@efitzger: That’s still 9 days away maybe you won’t get any rain?
Post # 4
weather is so unpredictable, i wouldnt worry about this until the day before. and sometimes thunderstorms don;t last for long. so maybe worst case ceremony is you start late?
Post # 5
@efitzger: If it is a terrible all day storm and they are still predicting it 2 days before your wedding you could call the local museums and ask if you could have your ceremony inside.. still very beautiful, and tourists should be lower because of the weather… Where’s your reception (if your having one…) could the ceremony be done there?
Post # 6
I agree with everyone’s suggestion. I would not worry about it until the day of. It poured on my wedding day and half hour before the ceremony, the clouds cleared up and we had sunlight come through. I still managed to have an outdoor wedding underneath a balcony, even though that was not my original plan. Make sure you have an alternative place to marry should it thunderstorm. Sometimes, you just have compromise with the weather whether you like it or not.
Post # 7
I would start looking for back up places now but not make any decisions until the last possible minute. Weather forecasts this far out are notoriously wrong so don’t stress too much. Unfortunately, weather is just one thing we have absolutely NO control over! It definitely won’t hurt to find a back up place now and cross your fingers that you won’t actually have to use it. It may also give you a bit of piece of mind as well knowing that there is an option should the forecast come true.
Post # 8
OMG we just can’t have a backup place. we paid for the permit for the jefferson memorial. In DC, you can’t just decide to have a wedding at a mueseum the day before and they all charge an arm and a leg. We also had to pay about $600 for a bus to transport everyone to the Jefferson memorial. WE are having our reception at the charthouse restaurant and I will be damned if I get married ina seafood restaurant. It would be devistating if we couldn’t do it outside.
Post # 9
@efitzger: FI talked about us getting married in DC since his father lives there… this is why I said no… too expensive. I wish you luck and NO RAIN! Weather may change! =)