(Closed) Time crunch and still no dress, my budget under $1000… HELP!!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1986 posts
Buzzing bee

Have you tried on any Alfred Angelo or Davids Bridal dresses? Both have a TON of really beautiful gowns less than 1k.

Post # 4
7295 posts
Busy Beekeeper

check out websites like preownedweddingdress.com …. lots of people sell brand new or barely used dresses for majorly reduced costs. i know, i was one who sold a dress i didn’t wear/no alterations (dress regret) for 25% off.

Post # 5
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Casablanca dresses are often below $1k, also you should look to see if there are any trunk shows in the area you can save some money that way.

Post # 6
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

From what I remember, Maggie Sottero gowns run in the 700-1k range (or more) but good deals can be found. Another $ saving tip is to check out the cost of alterations at the local stores. One place wanted to sell me a gown for 1k and then charge alterations on top of that, while another store would order the same gown for me for under 900 and that price included all alterations. Good luck on your search!

Post # 7
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Try PSBridal.com I got my dress for 600.00 with shipping and its normally 1500-2000 in the stores

Post # 8
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Check out

wedding shoppeinc.com it is a store in minneapolis and they have a ton of dresses in your price line with great designers like maggie. They can rush you dress too and a lot of them can be length specific. I got my tea length dress from them in person and they were wonderful. I think that is their website but you may need to google it. If I weren’t on my phone I would check for you, sorry.

Post # 9
5 posts
Newbee

don’t worry about this you can choose natural plants as your wedding decorate ,it also beautiful

Post # 10
447 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

what size are you? just wonderin.

Post # 11
353 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

The best places to get discounted wedding dress with short notice are trunk shows or sample sales! Where I live lots of wedding dress shops have sample sales around this time of year where they sell off last year’s collection at a good discount. They only sell the dress they have in stock so you can take it with you then and there, great if you’re short on time.

Google sample sales in your area and then call up some wedding dress boutiques in the area and ask if they have sales or know of any.

This is how I found my dress and it was so exciting to take it home with me then and there.

Good luck!

Post # 12
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

You can sign up on the Knot to receive info about trunk sales and sample sales in your area.  They’ll send you emails to alert you when one is coming up.  I bought my dress at a sample sale exactly one month prior to my wedding.  It all worked out fine.  You have PLENTY of time and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise or pressure you. 

The topic ‘Time crunch and still no dress, my budget under $1000… HELP!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors