(Closed) !!!! Time to share timelines for weddings starting at 1:00pm !!!!! Need Help

posted 7 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I can tell you my BM’s (5 of them) and myself are getting up at 5am, having showers and breakfast. The makekup artist and hair stylist are arriving at 6am to set up and ready to go by 6.30am. This will allow us all to be ready by 10.30, 11am  at the lastest. 30 minutes for me to get dressed with my BM’s help. The photographer and videographer will capture and record this until we leave for the church. Limo is arriving at 11.30 in case they are late or something comes up (traffic delays), we are leaving at 12 to head off to the ceremony which starts at 1pm. You need to get to the church 20 minutes before the ceremony starts to have a car and church photo, get veil ready and have a final moment with your Mum before it all starts etc If you start at 8 YOU WILL NOT BE READY IN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

I would also recommend having the photographer taking photos of your BM’s helping you get ready. The shot of your Dad seeing you for the first is also an awesome photo to get. The day goes fast so quicky so dont disregard the photographer during the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post # 6
413 posts
Helper bee

@Earlybride: As a guide its recommended to leave 30 minutes for each BM’s makeup and 45 minutes for each BM’s hair and an hour for hair and an hour for makeup for the bride. Generally you have one makeup artist and one hair stylist. Yes so a photo of your Dad opening the cars door and you getting out and maybe one of both your parents before the ceremony starts. You dont have too though its totally up to you. Its your day and its your way.

Post # 7
413 posts
Helper bee

@bridetobe7844: No not at the church, at home when you are getting ready with your Bm’s. So you are in the US I’m in Australia so 2pm here.

Post # 8
413 posts
Helper bee

I’ve actually hired a DOC and she is putting together a timeline for me and all my suppliers, and this is what she has highly recommended. She has seen so many weddings run behind and throw the whole day out due to a badly planned morning timeline. The earlier the better. I’m taking her advice, I dont want to be stressed the morning of and yeh I would like to enjoy the girly time. 🙂

The topic ‘!!!! Time to share timelines for weddings starting at 1:00pm !!!!! Need Help’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors