- 8 years ago
- Wedding: August 2011
Figured I’d write an update to my waiting status. I was on the boards earlier this summer hoping for a July engagement and then expressing my bummed-outness when i was pretty sure it wasn’t going to happen…
D had made a comment a couple weeks ago about wanting to get married “sooner than later” and informed me he already had ring ideas from my aunt and best friend. I was excited by this, but at the same time still frustrated. (What the hell does “sooner than later mean” anyway?!?! )After expressing my frustration to my best friend (and future MOH) she suggested I talk to D about a timeline. He was very open to talking and told me he was thinking that once we got settled in our new house and he had put some $ together it would happen… we are moving in a little over a month to a new state and new house.
So, i’m excited, but still a little frustrated. I was hoping for a Summer 2011 wedding. Depending on when he [finally] pops the question, i dont know if there wil be enough time to plan for summer 2011, and summer 2012 just seems centuries away… :-/ I just want to get this over with already. If it were up to me, we’d be engaged by now. I dont think he’s not ready, he makes it very clear that it is. I think the move is intimidating for him and he’s worried about securing work in the new state and $. I am enjoying our time together and appreciating his company, ring or no ring, but I can’t ignore how frustrating this can be. :-/