Post # 1
Hey beautiful Bees,
For all of you that did or are doing a first look, how much time are you allotting for pictures and everything before the ceremony/reception? I know that we will both be getting ready (FI will be at our wedding-night hotel room with his guys, and I will be at my aunt’s with my ladies), and then we’ll meet up (not sure where–eek!) for first look pics, then I guess after that we’ll do bridal portraits, family pictures, etc.? Our ceremony is set to take place at 6:30 PM and obviously I want to be done getting our pics before people start to show up around 5:45 (I’m hoping this is the earliest that guests will arrive).
Please let me know if you can offer any guidance. How long did you spend doing first look pics? How long for pics with family, wedding party, bridal portraits, etc. if you did them before the wedding? How did you wrangle up multiple families to get this done?
Thanks guys! This is a lot to figure out–I can see why people spend hundreds on DOCs!
Post # 3
@Pomapoo: I’m pretty sure Mrs Pencils did a post about her timeline or maybe it was another one of the bees. I’ll try to find it for you when I have a minute!
Post # 4
You want to have at least 45 minutes – an hour would be better – after your pictures are completely done before you have to get ready to walk down the aisle. Our ceremony was at 4:30, but here is our timeline.
- 1:00 – arrive at venue, girls get settled into bridal suite, photographer arrives and gets set up
- 1:30 – bride dresses, pictures of dress/detail shots (shoes, rings, flowers, etc.), pictures of bride dressing
- 1:55 – first look
- 2:00 – pictures with bride and groom immediate family (we wanted to get this out of the way early, too. We also did a large, extended family picture at the end of our cocktail hour, but that only took about 5 minutes.)
- 2:20 – bride and groom pictures (this only about 40 minutes total! but we did slip away once during cocktails and once during dinner for about 10 minutes each time because the light was just right for more photos)
- 3:20 – photos done, groom mingling with arriving guests and family, bride hanging out in bridal suite (eating a sandwich and drinking champagne, in my case…)
- 4:20 – line up to walk down the aisle
- 4:30 – ceremony started on time